Eric Prime

Enola Holmes (2020)

Enola Holmes (2020)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

A lot better than I expected it would be back when it was first announced and takes a fresh approach to the Sherlock Holmes mythos that allows for it to stand out amid the overabundance of Holmes-related projects we've seen over the years. This is the perfect vehicle for the delightful Millie Bobby Brown, who gets the chance to prove she has a long career ahead of her beyond Eleven from Stranger Things. Enola makes for an endearing protagonist who we love spending time with from the first frame, and that's all thanks to Brown. She's also surrounded by a very good cast, although Henry Cavill feels wasted considering how little he ultimately gets to do (must have been a favor for one of the producers or they just wanted a big name to appear as Sherlock). Looking forward to the inevitable Enola Holmes 2. B+

• Like 2

I really enjoyed myself: beautiful scenery, a beautiful plot, suspense, the police, feminist commitment, humor. The actors are renowned and play very well. I really liked the facetious side. I sincerely hope there will be a sequel, a great surprise !

Edited by sneazzy95