antovolk

Mufasa: The Lion King | December 20, 2024 | Barry Jenkins | Prequel to Favreau's CGI Version | See the original movie in theaters on July 12

Next to the original, Mufasa simply looks like a second hand movie. As simple as that. I really don't understand where Disney is going. You can't deliver incredibly good looking content for a decade and then decide to make compromises and actually develop backwards.

I just watched "The Marvels" and "She Hulk" and seriously was shocked at how offputting they looked. They threw me so far out of a cinematic experience, that I just could't handle it. And that's only lookwise. 

They seriously have to reconsider the route they are going. They have to get their quality management back in shape. A movie like Mufasa, a trailer like it, would have never passed before Covid hit the cinemas. You can't get audiences back with compromise and only 2nd best sequels. 

People have seen the Endgame-Assemble Scene. People have seen the gorgous looking Jungle Book and Lion King. That's where they have to get back to, That should be the benchmark to work with, instead of wasting time and money to useless content for their streaming platform. 

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

This is a pretty hard one to judge, since it's not really one of the live action remakes. it's a completely original story that serves as a prequel to the lion king, but not the REAL lion king that people care about. Instead it's a prequel to a live action action version that most people immediately forgot about but still did undeniably make a ton of money.

So this films going to have to test the question of whether or not these live action remakes are films that the GA is treating like fun forgettable experiences that give them some nostalgia, or if they are actually sticking with people as films that have quality beyond their association to something better.

So I could see this making 300M+ and being a surprise hit, or bombing at 150M or less