Knights of Ren

The Acolyte: High Republic SW Disney+ Show, June 4th

3 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I think this makes a lot more sense with the knowledge it's all supposed to occur within a single episode. The writing fails to really deliver on both ends (it's funny to see the script go out of its way to shoehorn in a bad Anakin Skywalker quote) but if it's a single episode, it plays much more cleanly as 

Hide contents

a crisis of conscience which is resolved by a tense standoff

I think you can pretty cleanly sqint and see what they're aiming for even if the whiplash in execution is real.

(I LOVED the "they've turned you against me" line pull)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I am fully convinced that Sol will die by the end of the season at the hands of Osha who will turn to the dark side after finding out what Sol did on Brendok. Or maybe I'm completely off ^^

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Youngstar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That does seem like a pretty plausible outcome. His death also needs to pay off the "kill a Jedi without a weapon" thing. Though after the discussion between Mae and Qimir in episode 4, I'm confused about what the show thinks that means. Since we've seen Mae try and fail to steal both Indara and Sol's lightsabers, I'm guessing it means killing a Jedi with their own weapon, but that seems like a weird definition for killing someone without a weapon, so I hope the show has something smarter in mind. I do fully expect Mae to use her switcheroo with Osha to sow doubt and guilt into Sol in the next episode. This last episode feels like the beginning of his full unraveling. 

• Like 1

Won't really different much from the rest.

Excellent 20 mins then it kind of devolves back into it's major problem flat characters and really stilted and bad dialogue .

Script is not bad but it's paper thin and has barely enough meat on the bone esp for the  characters.