Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Already 11.2 mln including previews with some theaters still to report. With final numbers will come close to 12m. 

$12M? Frozen is blessed here :D

It's great to see successful animated movies not creating by Dreamworks, Russia embraces different kinds of animated movies that's great!

Yes, Sochi in Russia will host the next Winter Olympics in February, these games cost $50B ($12B was the starting budget but given corruption and cost overruns they reached $50B..Winter Olympics in Vancouver (Canada) cost $6B if you want to compare.

The city of Sochi was completely rebuilt and modified, this is some pictures for you :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Openers Monday(ekinobilet):

1) Frozen - $680k+

2) Odnoklassniki.ru* - $200k+

3) 12 Years a Slave - $78k+

4) The Den - $52k+

5) Battle of the Year - $19,5k+

6) Polar Flight* - $18,5k+

*Local

$54k+ for CF.

Harsh drop for Frozen, but 22m+ is locked anyway and the real top for now is $30m, $25m barrier is likely to be passed, road to Holidays is open and local animation is set to do worse.

• Like 1

Oh! I didn't hear about it.

Crime increases a lot in this country and criminals are not afraid anymore given they don't go in prison anymore (ideological reasons, for our politicians criminals are just victims from this "cruel" society and shouldn't be punished) or when they go there it's not for long.

However our crime rate is still lower than in Russia :P

Just saw Russian dubbed "Interstellar" trailer and you can't imagine how wrong it looks, unless your own country has more than a half-century working space program, i.e. you're Russian(/Soviet), narrator speaks Russian on purely American matter implying that to all humanity, and while for the rest of the world it's perfectly fine, because they weren't pioneers in this, and the majority of the world is pro-West, it's sounds horribly wild in our situation.

I understand that the trailer is for American politicians, that doesn't willing to give that much money to NASA, that's why there is an accent on the last space shattle mission), but adressing also would work if you'd include some frames that'll make the teaser International, or you just release it only in US.

For some who doesn't understand why this is wrong, you need to understand that Humans can not be a Space Race(Civilization) until shit like this will be cut off completely, WE SHARE SPACE(and all the things associated with it).

There is no split up there(every astronaut speaks English and Russian).

I hope Nolan gets this vision, the only other way is war until 1 culture is left(or, more likely, none).

Just saw Russian dubbed "Interstellar" trailer and you can't imagine how wrong it looks, unless your own country has more than a half-century working space program, i.e. you're Russian(/Soviet), narrator speaks Russian on purely American matter implying that to all humanity, and while for the rest of the world it's perfectly fine, because they weren't pioneers in this, and the majority of the world is pro-West, it's sounds horribly wild in our situation.

I understand that the trailer is for American politicians, that doesn't willing to give that much money to NASA, that's why there is an accent on the last space shattle mission), but adressing also would work if you'd include some frames that'll make the teaser International, or you just release it only in US.

For some who doesn't understand why this is wrong, you need to understand that Humans can not be a Space Race(Civilization) until shit like this will be cut off completely, WE SHARE SPACE(and all the things associated with it).

I hope Nolan gets this vision, the only other way is war until 1 culture is left(or, more likely, none).

wow I havent seen the trailer (neither dubbed nor orig) Now I need to see it 4 the lulzy

so its another pro US BS? :sleep:  typical

Paradise outside the window, all white white, 20 cm layer of snow and it continues to fall, drivers are crazy, visibility within 50 meters.

Perfect Winter.

Openers Tuesday(ekinobilet):

1) Frozen - $650k+

2) Odnoklassniki.ru* - $186k+

3) 12 Years a Slave - $78k+

4) The Den - $46k+

5) Battle of the Year - $18,5k+

6) Polar Flight* - $16,5k+

*Local

$54k+ for CF.

I'm perfectly fine with that B)  USA B)

The US has the right to do American-centric movies, I'm tired of these crappy critics.

Nobody criticizes French movies (it's French! Oh Mon Dieu! ) for being French, nobody criticizes Korean movies for being Korean..and so on..Why the US shouldn't be allowed to be themselves, to be American while the rest of the world can be as it wants to be?

No way! And they're perfectly right to create American movies with an American point of view ;) And I love that so it's all the more great!

Paradise outside the window, all white white, 20 cm layer of snow and it continues to fall, drivers are crazy, visibility within 50 meters.

Perfect Winter.

it was perfect a week ago

now everything melted :lol:  Now its +5 :P

Edited by Leyla