Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

My "At Least" Forecast #7 for total gross, December 19:

Name; Copies; Total gross $;

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug;  ~2000;  43m

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D;  ~1400;  4,5m

The country of good children*; ~400; 0,5m

*Local.

**There is also a bunch of other movies, but their results not worth mentioning at all(less than 0.5m).

Fortunately or not, but The Wolf of Wall Street has moved to Feb. 6, it's pretty busy weekend too, almost 10 wide releases, some of them, for example: Robocop, Out of the Furnace, Instructions Not Included, That Awkward Moment, The Physician, two big local movies(animation and Olympic-linked comedy, not to mention possible holdovers), American Hustle coming out weekend after is not in good position too.

My "At Least" Forecast #7 for total gross, December 19:

Name; Copies; Total gross $;

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug;  ~2000;  43m

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D;  ~1400;  4,5m

The country of good children*; ~400; 0,5m

*Local.

**There is also a bunch of other movies, but their results not worth mentioning at all(less than 0.5m).

Fortunately or not, but The Wolf of Wall Street has moved to Feb. 6, it's pretty busy weekend too, almost 10 wide releases, some of them, for example: Robocop, Out of the Furnace, Instructions Not Included, That Awkward Moment, The Physician, two big local movies(animation and Olympic-linked comedy, not to mention possible holdovers), American Hustle coming out weekend after is not in good position too.

So you expect TH DoS' gross to be identical to TH AUJ.

wow WoWs moved :(

not good news for me

but great that Instructions Not Included is actually released here :wub: 

Yes. apparently they have read my writings about the movie. I several time suggested to release it here. I hope they wont be entirely dissapointed with box office grosses here.

• Like 2

I just saw DOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(not a perfect movie by any means but oh boy it doesnt deserve low grosses like AT ALL)

my screening was sold out :wub:

amazing!

get all the $$$$$$ Bilbo!!!

Yes. apparently they have read my writings about the movie. I several time suggested to release it here. I hope they wont be entirely dissapointed with box office grosses here.

thanks a lot J! 

super pumped for Dhoom 3 release as well

Now there has to be some asian films aside from ateurs

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 3

Ok. Finally some numbers here. 

1.04 mln from 137 theaters reported

For comparison Frozen 197k from 221 theaters.

Possibly around 3mln Wednesday. 

Well, first one earned 2,46, this one is more frontloaded, should be over 3m, besides, drop on Thursday is very likely, only Sat and Sun should surpass Wed OD.

I am not entirely sure about one thing. Is it already a full scale release or it might expand on Thursday.

This, maybe 1-2% expand, it's not that relevant.

That's pretty much it for the CF, no showings at all in my city, it'll be lucky to earn even $150k this weekend...

Edited by Cosmonaut