Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Only a few theaters reported at the moment but so far Chinese Zodiac is doing much better on Saturday. Nothing exceptional but good enough for 6.6-6.7 multiplyer. So around 4mln weekend still looking good. 

Yeah $4m would be excellent for a Chinese movie :D Apparently Russians like Jackie Chan

could u tell me is there any updates figure for this saturday so far,from the given information,it seems jackie chan' new movie will dominate this weekend' boxoffice, that's unbeliveable for a Chinese movie.

Welcome dear new member ;)

Not exactly. Friday increase was very mild. With current numbers it looks like 575k Thursday, 680k Friday, 1.61m Saturday and around 1.4m Sunday. 4.25m for the weekend. Close to 130mln Rub.

Still a very strong opening for a Chinese movie, is there any chance Chinese zodiac would reach to a total of 10M, and Parker 8m? Edited by dinayingmixxx

Statham films usually start well but affer that they drop very hard. 2-2.1 multiplyer, probably no more.As for Chinese Zodiac it's hard to tell. Jackie Chan is a legend here so it could be frontloaded too. But Saturday increase looks nice.

Consider there's no mega blockbusters release next week, I expect Chinese zodiacs would hold well with a 50% to 55%drop Edited by dinayingmixxx

Yep, given Mamma Mia grossed 9m in 2008 I guess Les Miserables can gross around 15m-20m.

Swedish ABBA was very popular in The Soviet Union. That was the key factor. Besides it has a nice setting and appealed both to young and old people. 

The Miserables? Not so much. It's a boring classic book no one cares much about. As I know local stars were not involved in dubbing and the songs will be subtitled. Most of the film actually will be subtitled and our general audience doesnt like that much. And the screen count will be just average. 400-500 screens I guess. 6-8m total would be good. 10m excellent. 

Swedish ABBA was very popular in The Soviet Union. That was the key factor. Besides it has a nice setting and appealed both to young and old people. 

The Miserables? Not so much. It's a boring classic book no one cares much about. As I know local stars were not involved in dubbing and the songs will be subtitled. Most of the film actually will be subtitled and our general audience doesnt like that much. And the screen count will be just average. 400-500 screens I guess. 6-8m total would be good. 10m excellent. 

I see :) I expected $8m in my first forecast for the year, I guess I was right lol :P