Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

I doubt one out of 1000 russian kids could read a book on english. Or watch a movie. So work of a good translator is very important here. With HP books some things were particularly hard to understand. Names were changed, whole phrases omitted or also totally changed e.t.c. And somehow overall atmoshere of the books was missing.

I think a lot of German kids 10+ read HP in English. The German versions of the kids were not realy good either, but just consider the efford they put into that project :mellow:

I red these books in French, but at that time a friend of mine said the French translation sucked and advised me to read them in English. Unfortunately it was too late.But unlike Germans Frenchies aren't great in English so most of them had to accept the French version. Edited by Fullbuster

I doubt one out of 1000 russian kids could read a book on english. Or watch a movie. So work of a good translator is very important here. With HP books some things were particularly hard to understand. Names were changed, whole phrases omitted or also totally changed e.t.c. And somehow overall atmoshere of the books was missing.

Wow, such a bad work there, books totally destroyed.I know the English proficiency is pretty good in Moscow (better than Paris) but outside the capital it's pretty low.

I hoped US movies are better dubbed :P I guess it's the case ^^

In the first six months of 2012, the average ticket price was 238 roubles ($7.35), compared with 200 roubles ($6.18) in the corresponding period of 2011, according to the research company Movie Research.

It's just insane :o Such an increase in one year!

Thursday1. Brigada. Naslednik (Rus) $981,374 on 1004 screens2. Jungle (Rus) $594,719 on 1356 screens3. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 $547,257 (-59%) - $38,706,1084. Rise of the Guardians $205,523 (-64%) - $7,441,1205. Solovei-Razboynik (Rus) $176,622 (-62%) - $4,073,8386. The Collection $96,339 on 450 screens7. Cloud Atlas $ (-67%) 15,381,4878. Secret of the Wings $36,495 on 490 screensTwo local films as expected rule. Rather mild drop for BD2 - should gross $3.3-3.5 mln for the weekend. Really bad for Rise of the Guardians.

• Like 3

Thursday1. Brigada. Naslednik (Rus) $981,374 on 1004 screens2. Jungle (Rus) $594,719 on 1356 screens3. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 $547,257 (-59%) - $38,706,1084. Rise of the Guardians $205,523 (-64%) - $7,441,1205. Solovei-Razboynik (Rus) $176,622 (-62%) - $4,073,8386. The Collection $96,339 on 450 screens7. Cloud Atlas $ (-67%) 15,381,4878. Secret of the Wings $36,495 on 490 screensTwo local films as expected rule. Rather mild drop for BD2 - should gross $3.3-3.5 mln for the weekend. Really bad for Rise of the Guardians.

Wow, $1m for Brigada, pretty rare for a local movie, that means around $6m OW?Better than expected for Twilight BD2, it could reach $40m by Sunday :D

Sorry for the stupid question, where can I find an Alltime Chart for Russian Box Office? It wuold be very interesting!

Russia since 2008 http://kinometro.ru/kino/analitika/ystart/2008/yend/2012/distrib/0/genre/0/country/0SowjetRussia till 1990 http://www.kinopoisk.ru/top/lists/184/film/84340/page/1/#film84340ask if you need help with Kyrillic
  • Like 2

Sorry for the stupid question, where can I find an Alltime Chart for Russian Box Office? It wuold be very interesting!

Indeed, that's interesting. Let's hope The Hobbit will be number 2 all-time (It can't be Avatar because it's $117m but it can beat POTC4 because $64m is perfectly reachable for TH)

Wow, both big Russian movies of the week have a really bad rating on Kinopoisk :o

Posted Image

Jungle : 5.6 / 10

Posted Image

Brigada = 2.9 / 10

We can expect a big drop, I understand why local movies are no match for Hollywood movies, their movies need quality.

Edited by Fullbuster