Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Given Iron Man 2 grossed $14.7m in 2010 we can expect much better numbers for Iron Man 3 in 2013. This year The Avengers, TASM and TDKR proved SH movies are trendier than ever in Russia, IM3 could easily reach $30m+ with higher ticket pries, IMAX, Avengers effect, 3D, much more screens. I'm looking forward to it :)

Kick Ass 2 could surprise too, Kick Ass grossed $2.8m in 2010, so KA2 will best it easily, more than $10m is very likely.

Monsters vs. Aliens 13.5 - Monsterhouse 1.4 - HotelTranssylvania 16.0american high school commedies are not very succesful in RussiaPixar is not very successful in Russiaso I doubt 20 are achiveable

Rudolf : Your problem is you forecast in analyzing previous trends, kind of stuck in the past. First you had some doubts about The Avengers. You didn't expect it high because you saw Iron Man 2 numbers, and the other Marvel movies. But it was a mistake because The Avengers grossed $43m, one of the most successful movies in Russia. TDKR didn't gross big numbers but doubled the gross of TDK, without 3D.The Russian market is growing, changing, past trends aren't much as reliable as past trends in France, Germany or Spain...Russia isn't a mature market yet.Previously Russians weren't fan of SH movies but this year we saw they changed their tastes, they evolved. Monsters University, you think it can't be successful in Russia because from Pixar, but I doubt Russian watch if a movie is from Pixar, Dreamworks or Disney, they simply don't care. Monsters University will have many advantages : No competition from Madagascar or Ice Age, these Monsters in the movie could be characters from Dreamworks, and it's more anticipated than Brave and Cars 2 (much more excitment). I can't say it will be successful, that's not sure at all, but the market will be bigger and chances are big. I can't see it under $20m.

Rudolf : Your problem is you forecast in analyzing previous trends, kind of stuck in the past. First you had some doubts about The Avengers. You didn't expect it high because you saw Iron Man 2 numbers, and the other Marvel movies. But it was a mistake because The Avengers grossed $43m, one of the most successful movies in Russia. TDKR didn't gross big numbers but doubled the gross of TDK, without 3D.

The Russian market is growing, changing, past trends aren't much as reliable as past trends in France, Germany or Spain...Russia isn't a mature market yet.

Previously Russians weren't fan of SH movies but this year we saw they changed their tastes, they evolved. Monsters University, you think it can't be successful in Russia because from Pixar, but I doubt Russian watch if a movie is from Pixar, Dreamworks or Disney, they simply don't care. Monsters University will have many advantages : No competition from Madagascar or Ice Age, these Monsters in the movie could be characters from Dreamworks, and it's more anticipated than Brave and Cars 2 (much more excitment). I can't say it will be successful, that's not sure at all, but the market will be bigger and chances are big. I can't see it under $20m.

As a statistician I prefer to use past data to predict the future. Russia has a growing market and maybe even their preferences change over time. But given no other information I am hesitant to predict an explosion.

$873,218 4.Aug.2002 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0198781/business

^^only gross for Monsters Inc.in Russia I found

Even if you say market is now 10 times as big, 20 is the absolute maximum and not a given.

• Like 1