Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Will Brazil being in the semifinals / potentially advancing to the finals hurt it as bad as the bloodbath last weekend?I'd assume it needs good legs up to the 17th, before TF4?

Yeah,it would need good legs to reach 20m,but it's within reach now.TF4 won't kill it but that will hurt because it should take a huge amount of screens,it needs to do everything it can by then.

It was a shock for me as well,I expected a big drop,I thought it was the end of its run.I'm glad it's not the case,maybe 20m is still reachable :)

Actually, it's not difficult to undestand. Last week the drop was bigger than normal because of the combination saturday play + no holiday.This week, in both weekends There were games (and no holidays). But last week the game was on saturday (this week was on friday).Saturday, like in all world, is a better day for box office than friday.Then, this week, we have small drops.The only thing is that There was TF4 previews. Awful movie, for sure, but it could hurt the box office of some pictures. But, it was not the case. Edited by Ajbg
  • Like 1

My forecasts Transformers 4 : 21mDawn of the Planet of the Apes : 19m (14.5m for the first one)Guardians of the Galaxy : 25mHunger Games Mockingjay part 1 : 22mThe Hobbit 3 : 25mBig Hero 6 : 20mAnd I'm trying to be cautious,I hope a movie can pass 30m.

My forecastsTransformers 4 : 21mDawn of the Planet of the Apes : 19m (14.5m for the first one)Guardians of the Galaxy : 25mHunger Games Mockingjay part 1 : 22mThe Hobbit 3 : 25mBig Hero 6 : 20mAnd I'm trying to be cautious,I hope a movie can pass 30m.

Maybe Tranformers? It's July everyone goes to the movies. 

Maybe Tranformers? It's July everyone goes to the movies.

Maybe,but I don't think so,given its quality is not high and the competition from Apes 2 (great wom,people loved the first) and the increasingly anticipated GOTG.I would say GOTG and Hobbit 3 are the most likely,but it's only my opinion.
  • Like 1

Biggest Opening Weeks in BrazilTwilight BD2 : 11.8mIron Man 3 : 11.7mHarry Potter DH2 : 11.6mThe Amazing Spiderman 2 : 11.1mThe Avengers : 10.8mTwilight BD1 : 10.8mNoah : 8.8mX-Men DOFP : 8.4mPirates of the Caribbean 4 : 8.4mRio : 8.35mTropa de Elite 2 : 7.9mRio 2 : 7.6mHarry Potter DH1 : 7.3mCaptain America 2 : 6.9mMadagascar 3 : 6.8mHow to Train Your Dragon 2 : 6.7mThor 2 : 6.7mThe Amazing Spiderman : 6.6mTwilight Eclipse : 6.4mThe Dark Knight Rises : 6.25mShrek 4 : 6.2mIce Age 4 : 6.1mDespicable Me 2 : 5.7mThis list was not easy to create lolBut I think it's an important one,I will change it as soon new movies will have strong starts.

• Like 1

BOM's info on Puss is wrong. The $500k was its previews the weekend before its actual opening (which was December 9-11). Its actual OW, not listed on BOM at all, was $5.56m (The Numbers says that included previews).

There is a lot of data on BOM thats wrong

PIB the overall in LC 47m BOM have 42.6,for one thing they are missing week 20-Jan

Edited by Rth
  • Like 2

Dreamworks Animation movies in Brazil : Shrek 4 : 40m Madagascar 3 : 28.6m Puss in Boots : 24.5m Kung Fu Panda 2 : 19.7m Shrek 3 : 18.6m Madagascar 2 : 17md Kung Fu Panda : 16.3m How to Train Your Dragon 2 : 16m (not definitive)The Croods : 15.2m Rise of the Guardians : 12.5m Madagascar : 11.7mHow to Train Your Dragon : 11.4mMegamind : 10.3m Shrek 2 : 9.5m Over the hedge : 7.1m Monsters vs Aliens : 7m Bee Movie : 6.7m Mr Peabody and Sherman : 6.4m Turbo : 5.3mShrek : 4.6m Shark Tale : 4.5m

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2