Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Wow.. some incredible numbers.

The growth of the Shrek franchise is particularly impressive : +800% between the first and the last.I can't imagine how different the market will be in 10 years.I expect it to have a movie beyond 100m by then,maybe more than one. Edited by Fullbuster

The growth of the Shrek franchise is particularly impressive : +800% between the first and the last.

That $40 mil number is hugeeeeeee. It topped all the SH movies except TA and IM3.

I also notice that Twilight series also did very well here. :D

It's very interesting to see how different movies did well in different makets.

Ice Age is very popular here in Brazil. It's not considered a kids movie, is for adults.

All the time there's a new Ice Age movie, my father is crazy to watch it. The same thing happens to Shrek.

Edited by xSabrinax
  • Like 1

Dreamworks Animation movies in Brazil :Shrek 4 : 40mMadagascar 3 : 28.6mPuss in Boots : 24.5mKung Fu Panda 2 : 19.7mShrek 3 : 18.6mMadagascar 2 : 17mdKung Fu Panda : 16.3mHow to Train Your Dragon 2 : 16m (not definitive)The Croods : 15.2mRise of the Guardians : 12.5mMadagascar : 11.7mHow to Train Your Dragon : 11.4mMegamind : 10.3mShrek 2 : 9.5mOver the hedge : 7.1mMonsters vs Aliens : 7mBee Movie : 6.7mMr Peabody and Sherman : 6.4mTurbo : 5.3mShrek : 4.6mShark Tale : 4.5m

After looking at this list...

You just make me root for Dragons 2 to surpass KP2....

but it's impossible.

That $40 mil number is hugeeeeeee. It topped all the SH movies except TA and IM3.I also notice that Twilight series also did very well here. :DIt's very interesting to see how different movies did well in different makets.

Twilight BD2 got 54m in Brazil,I was shocked when I saw that.:oI have the feeling Fifty Shades of Grey will do very well there :P

Given we don't have WC games until Tuesday I'll give some stats :Comicbook movies in Brazil :The Avengers : 63.9mIron Man 3 : 47.9mThe Amazing Spiderman : 30.4mCaptain America 2 : 28.3mX-Men DOFP : 26.9m (not definitive)Thor 2 : 27.7mThe Dark Knight Rises : 27mThe Amazing Spiderman 2 : 24.9mSpider-Man 3 : 24.2mThe Wolverine : 21.4mCaptain America : 20.7mThe Dark Knight : 20mSpider-Man : 17.3mSpider-Man 2 : 16.1mMan of Steel : 16mIron Man 2 : 15.8mX-Men First Class : 15.3mX-Men Origins Wolverine : 14mIron Man : 14mHancock : 13.6mThor : 12mThe Incredibles : 10.5mX-Men 3 : 11.2mGreen Lantern : 10.3mSuperman Returns : 8.7mThe Fantastic Four 2 : 8.6mThe Fantastic Four : 8mBatman Begins : 7.4mX-Men 2 : 7.4mX-Men : 6.1mGreen Hornet : 5mSuper 8 : 2.35mSin City : 2.3mWatchmen : 2mKick Ass : 0.3mKick Ass 2 : 0.2mIt was time-consuming so I hope you'll like it. :)*I added Sin City,Hancock and Super 8,I forgot them..there are so many of them ^^"

Asterix Et Obelix: Mission Cleopatra (2002): $191,415

ils sont fous ces Br...

Ice Age is very popular here in Brazil. It's not considered a kids movie, is for adults.All the time there's a new Ice Age movie, my father is crazy to watch it. The same thing happens to Shrek.

I love Ice Age too,mainly thanks to Scratch,it makes me laugh :DIce Age 5 will come in 2016,it clearly can pass 50m in Brazil. Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Twilight BD2 got 54m in Brazil,I was shocked when I saw that. :oI have the feeling Fifty Shades of Grey will do very well there :P

That's such an insane number. So movies for girls are doing as well as SH movies which also doing as well as animations. There's the audience for every demographic which is great. Did fantasy movies also do well here?

That's why i'm telling you that TFIOS is another Twilight, they have the same fandom and popularity.TFIOS box office will only grow. ;)

Wait,you mean the movie will have sequels?If it's the case that could be huge :oFor a first movie it's already impressive,with great holds.

Wait,you mean the movie will have sequels?If it's the case that could be huge :oFor a first movie it's already impressive,with great holds.

No the movie won't have any sequels.

I mean that the movie is still going to make a lot of money because of the wom that's surrounding in here. That is as good as Twilight WOM.  :)

That's such an insane number. So movies for girls are doing as well as SH movies which also doing as well as animations. There's the audience for every demographic which is great. Did fantasy movies also do well here?

Yep,almost any kind of movie can work in Brazil,quite similar to the US.For fantasy movies I know LOTR and HP were successful,and Hobbit 1&2 both got 17m.I expect great numbers for the last Hobbit movie,at least 25m.