Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

No, please, I don't want any comparison with this shit

Ice Age is not a shit...I mean it's not one of the best animated movie franchise, far from it, but it's not bad. I liked ice Age 4, particularly thanks to Scratch, Scratch is just so funny :D Of course The Good Dinosaur will be much better :)

There's no such thing as a movie too smart for Brazilian audience    :ph34r:

I think you guys are missing the point. Pixar movies are smart but there's nothing hard to understand in it. If they don't make too much money here is due to marketing or maybe the brand is not as strong here as is in the US, or maybe is a cultural thing. But definitely is not because Brazilian people are not smart. That's a horrible thing to say.

I guess I'm lost then :P

It goes like this

Brazil is divided into 5 macroregions: North, Northeast, Central West, Southeast and South.

Southeast is the most populated, more economically important and contain most famous cities, Rio and Sao Paulo.

Northeast is the second most populated, considered the poorest, extremely dry place and is most known for tourism

South is the third most populated, has the best HDI, the second biggest GDP despite having half of Northeast population. It doesn't have one big characteristic.

North is only fourth most populated despite having the biggest area, it is largely uninhabited except for Amazonia's capital, Manaus, the seventh biggest city in Brazil, a city much bigger than any city around those parts essentially because of Manaus Industrial Complex, being the largest component of the local GDP at 70%, where the government gives, in hope that people will migrate there, tons of tax incentives. The second lowest HDI. 

Central-West is the newest and least populated region, has second highest GDP per capita, the third highest HDI (extremely close to Southeast HDI).  The region is mainly known for agriculture and pecuary, has the biggest bovine population and is predicted to be the most important grain producer of the country in a few years. Brazil's capital Brasília is situated in this region and has the highest HDI of any Brazillian's federal districts.

If Raphael indeed lives inside Amazon forest, he's pretty far from any important metropolis except Manaus, it is about as far you can get from Sao Paulo or Rio, Brazil's most populated and famous areas.
Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

There's no such thing as a movie too smart for Brazilian audience :ph34r:

I think you guys are missing the point. Pixar movies are smart but there's nothing hard to understand in it. If they don't make too much money here is due to marketing or maybe the brand is not as strong here as is in the US, or maybe is a cultural thing. But definitely is not because Brazilian people are not smart. That's a horrible thing to say.

It's not that the Brazilian public is idiot or something like this, but it's pretty much clear that most of the audience prefer animated movies that are easier to understand, with animals talking and making silly things

It goes like this

Brazil is divided into 5 macroregions: North, Northeast, Central West, Southeast and South.

Southeast is the most populated, more economically important and contain most famous cities, Rio and Sao Paulo.

Northeast is the second most populated, considered the poorest, extremely dry place and is most known for tourism

South is the third most populated, has the best HDI, the second biggest GDP despite having half of Northeast population. It doesn't have one big characteristic.

North is only fourth most populated despite having the biggest area, it is largely uninhabited except for Amazonia's capital, Manaus, the seventh biggest city in Brazil, a city much bigger than any city around those parts essentially because of Manaus Industrial Complex, being the largest component of the local GDP at 70%, where the government gives, in hope that people will migrate there, tons of tax incentives. It has the second lowest HDI.

Central-West is the newest and least populated region, has second highest GDP per capita, the third highest HDI (extremely close to Southeast HDI). The region is mainly known for agriculture and pecuary, has the biggest bovine population and is predicted to be the most important grain producer of the country in a few years. Brazil's capital Brasília is situated in this region and has the highest HDI of all Brazillian's federal districts.

If Raphael indeed lives inside Amazon forest, he's pretty far from any important metropolis except Manaus, it is about as far you can get from Sao Paulo or Rio, Brazil's most populated and famous areas.

I live in Manaus

Ice Age is not a shit...I mean it's not one of the best animated movie franchise, far from it, but it's not bad. I liked ice Age 4, particularly thanks to Scratch, Scratch is just so funny :D Of course The Good Dinosaur will be much better :)

No, it's horrible and the movie should die a horrible death so no one could ever watch it again.  :)

I like the second movie, loath the third one (not quite as much the fourth film) and don't remember much of the first one.

It goes like this

North is only fourth most populated despite having the biggest area, it is largely uninhabited except for Amazonia's capital, Manaus, the seventh biggest city in Brazil, a city much bigger than any city around those parts essentially because of Manaus Industrial Complex, being the largest component of the local GDP at 70%, where the government gives, in hope that people will migrate there, tons of tax incentives. The second lowest HDI. 

Central-West is the newest and least populated region, has second highest GDP per capita, the third highest HDI (extremely close to Southeast HDI).  The region is mainly known for agriculture and pecuary, has the biggest bovine population and is predicted to be the most important grain producer of the country in a few years. Brazil's capital Brasília is situated in this region and has the highest HDI of any Brazillian's federal districts.

Thanks for this Goffe :)

brazilx.gif

According to this map Manaus is completely isolated from the rest of the country, I didn't expect the seventh biggest city to be in the Amazonia, I thought there was nothing there apart from small villages.

No, it's horrible and the movie should die a horrible death so no one could ever watch it again.  :)

I like the second movie, loath the third one (not quite as much the fourth film) and don't remember much of the first one.

Don't tell me you didn't laugh when you watched Ice Age 4, I wouldn't believe you :P

Thanks for this Goffe :)

brazilx.gif

According to this map Manaus is completely isolated from the rest of the country, I didn't expect the seventh biggest city to be in the Amazonia, I thought there was nothing there apart from small villages.

I like in Fortaleza, the best city in our country    B)