Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Wally said me Filmow was a better place to know what is the opinion of Brazilians about a movie so I went there :

http://filmow.com/guardioes-da-galaxia-t59375/

So many 5 / 5 B)

Keep in mind that Filmow users are mostly young active internet users and movie lovers. It's probably the best termometer for young brazilian audiences, but it only represents a specific part of it.

Compare the number of people who saw these movies and box office, for example:

Her - 33201 users ($1.0m)

Wolf of Wall Street - 32125 ($6.1m)

Maleficent - 22244 ($32.8m)

Nymphomaniac - 21559 ($1.3m)

Captain America 2 - 17311 ($28.3m)

Noah - 14682 ($30.6m)

Hoje Eu Quero Voltar Sozinho - 13673 ($1.0m)

300: Rise of an Empire - 12851 ($17.3m)

Nebraska - 6575 ($0.188m)

Rio 2 - 5270 ($28.5m)

SOS - Mulheres ao Mar - 3458 ($9.1m)

Os Homens São de Marte - 2475 ($9.4m)

Mr. Peabody & Sherman - 1048 ($6.4m)

Yeah, I know some of these movies already have been released on home media while others have not, but I think this is enough to show how different the userbase is from the general audience.

Edited by JohnnY
  • Like 1

lol this is what I'm talking about

Django Unchained - 58161 users

Iron Man 3 - 46173 users

Blue is The Warmest Colour - 27843 users

Thor: The Dark Worlds - 28428 users

Bling Ring - 19394 users

Fast and Furious 6 - 13430 users

lol this is what I'm talking aboutDjango Unchained - 58161 usersIron Man 3 - 46173 usersBlue is The Warmest Colour - 27843 usersThor: The Dark Worlds - 28428 usersBling Ring - 19394 usersFast and Furious 6 - 13430 users

Oh lol :oI see,it's not representative of the general audience at all,I can guess what kind of people go there : pretty rich or upper middle class,young,educated and elitist,in France we call these guys "bobo" ,and if I remember well they're called "yuppies" in English.Adorocinema could be more representative.Your numbers are crazy :P

Oh lol :oI see,it's not representative of the general audience at all,I can guess what kind of people go there : pretty rich or upper middle class,young,educated and elitist,in France we call these guys "bobo" ,and if I remember well they're called "yuppies" in English.Adorocinema could be more representative.Your numbers are crazy :P

I seriously don't think filmow users are rich and elitist, they are just young movie geeks who download foreign films on the internet  :P

I seriously don't think filmow users are rich and elitist, they are just young movie geeks who download foreign films on the internet  :P

Maybe not, I just feel it that way after seeing these stats, they remind me of some people I can see on some French forums...

a few more numbers

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 67984 users

The Amazing Spider Man - 66208 users

Black Swan - 102196 users

Rio - 69133 users

Tropa de Elite 2 - 71247

The Social Network - 64517

Elitists when talking about movies, maybe. But these users aren't rich or elitists in general, I was an active user myself for 4 years until I got a bit tired of the website. You'll find that other stuff like Tim Burton, LGBT-themed movies, young-adult novel adaptations and Oscar nominees also get a lot of attention on Filmow.

(500) Days of Summer - 85853 users

Inception - 84791 users

ok that's enough, but I'm having so much fun looking for these numbers  :P

anyway

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY scored $66.4M overseas this weekend--RUS ($13M) UK ($10.8M) MEX ($6.5M) BRZ ($5.4M) KOR ($4.7M)

— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) 

August 3, 2014

That's a bit lower than Thor and Captain America sequels, but still a good number, since we don't really have a Comic Book culture and the awareness about the original guardians comic book is virtually non-existent here. If WOM is good, I think 20m is possible.

Found it....so Transformers pass the last one....and has a shot at about 28 mill.

Before its release I was not sure it could beat TF3 given the strong competition,but it did it,and Apes 2 and GOTG are doing great as well,the Brazilian market is really dynamic this year.No huge numbers (no movie beyond 35m) but many good numbers instead :)
  • Like 1

(500) Days of Summer - 85853 users

Inception - 84791 users

ok that's enough, but I'm having so much fun looking for these numbers  :P

anyway

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY scored $66.4M overseas this weekend--RUS ($13M) UK ($10.8M) MEX ($6.5M) BRZ ($5.4M) KOR ($4.7M)

— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) August 3, 2014

That's a bit lower than Thor and Captain America sequels, but still a good number, since we don't really have a Comic Book culture and the awareness about the original guardians comic book is virtually non-existent here. If WOM is good, I think 20m is possible.

Maleficent got 33m with $5.6m OW, so I don't see GOTG under 25m given its great WOM.

Keep in mind that Filmow users are mostly young active internet users and movie lovers. It's probably the best termometer for young brazilian audiences, but it only represents a specific part of it.

Compare the number of people who saw these movies and box office, for example:

Her - 33201 users ($1.0m)

Wolf of Wall Street - 32125 ($6.1m)

Maleficent - 22244 ($32.8m)

Nymphomaniac - 21559 ($1.3m)

Captain America 2 - 17311 ($28.3m)

Noah - 14682 ($30.6m)

Hoje Eu Quero Voltar Sozinho - 13673 ($1.0m)

300: Rise of an Empire - 12851 ($17.3m)

Nebraska - 6575 ($0.188m)

Rio 2 - 5270 ($28.5m)

SOS - Mulheres ao Mar - 3458 ($9.1m)

Os Homens São de Marte - 2475 ($9.4m)

Mr. Peabody & Sherman - 1048 ($6.4m)

Yeah, I know some of these movies already have been released on home media while others have not, but I think this is enough to show how different the userbase is from the general audience.

The most disappointing box office for me was The Book Thief. It's a very popular book. Was there for years on the first page in Filmow. Had over 30,000 people that wanted to see. It was supposed to be as big as TFIOS.

And Baumer :lol::ph34r:

Who? *don't get it*

The "couples in love" I know because TFIOS, when I was in line to watch HTTYD2, had a very annoying couple in front of me who kept kissing and hugging,they went to watch TFIOS. I wonder if they really watched it, because these people prefer to be looking more to themselves than to the screen.