Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

So, last weekend :

-TF4 reached $26.6m, it won't be far from 28m at the end of its run, it's better than I thought before its release so it's clearly a success.

-Blended will reach $10m.Wally was right, in Brazil they love Sandler ^^

-Dragon 2 will reach $24.5m last weekend, it's clearly the end of its run, but what a run! It was a huge improvement over Dragon 1 :)

-The Fault in our Stars reached $31m :)

• Like 1

TMNT, this movie would be too difficult to watch, I loved the TMNT cartoons (particularly the current one : TMNT 2012, a fantastic cartoon) but these turtles in the this movie are gross, huge, muscled, I don't recognize them and they're ugly :(

I don't judge the movie it's just the reaction of a disappointed fan  :(

Fullbuster, don't be mad at me. I liked turtles when I was little.

But I really don't get how this could have opened with almost 70m in DOM. And HTTYD2 OW was less than 50m.

It makes me hate america.

But I really don't get how this could have opened with almost 70m in DOM. And HTTYD2 OW was less than 50m.

Why would I be mad at you? I'm disappointed by the look of this movie.

Don't forget TMNT is a famous franchise in the USA and produced by Michael Bay, Dragon 2 could not compete with it.

Why would I be mad at you? I'm disappointed by the look of this movie.

Don't forget TMNT is a famous franchise in the USA and produced by Michael Bay, Dragon 2 could not compete with it.

Dragons 2 could have opened with this number as well. It was not impossible. 

4 3 Transformers: Age of Extinction PPI $865,895 -45.4% 399 -43 $2,170 $26,645,825 427M next week? :)

So, last weekend :

-TF4 reached $26.6m, it won't be far from 28m at the end of its run, it's better than I thought before its release so it's clearly a success.

Yeah I remembered asking you about how much TF4 would do in Brazil. I was so worried it wouldn't do well because it's neither a SH movie nor an animation. :lol:

Don't feel bad. I love The Expendable3, I enjoyed it a lot more than GOTG, and it's about to open less than $25m. I hate America more than you do. :lol:

Yeah I remembered asking you about how much TF4 would do in Brazil. I was so worried it wouldn't do well because it's neither a SH movie nor an animation. :lol:

Don't feel bad. I love The Expendable3, I enjoyed it a lot more than GOTG, and it's about to open less than $25m. I hate America more than you do. :lol:

Without Hollywood you wouldn't have these movies in the first place ^^" Cinema would mean "low-budget comedies", nothing more :P

Posted Image

I love you USA B)

Edited by Fullbuster

No I think our hate is equal. I'm tired of seeing movies that I like to flop in there. And movies I don't like to do huge.

HTTYD2 was the last chance that the americans had with me.

No I think our hate is equal. I'm tired of seeing movies that I like to flop in there. And movies I don't like to do huge.

HTTYD2 was the last chance that the americans had with me.

Oh come on Sabrina, they created these movies ^^

Peter Pan, 2003.

The Mummy franchise.

And lot of animated movies from DW.

The Mummy movies did well though apart from part 3.

I loved a lot of flopped movies as well. The Phantom of the Opera, Tin Tin, Battleship, Robocop, The Raid2, Rock of Ages,.. to name a few. -_-

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

I liked Percy Jackson movies but the rest of the world disagreed :lol:

I liked percy jackson as well, but I didn't read the books.

But I know that this franchise had the chance to be new Harry Potter, if it had followed the book in the first movie. As far I know, the characters had 12 years old in the first book.

• Like 1

I liked percy jackson as well, but I didn't read the books.

But I know that this franchise had the chance to be new Harry Potter, if it had followed the book in the first movie. As far I know, the characters had 12 years old in the first book.

Yeah, the potential was huge :( And now I want to read the books lol

Let's hope Hollywood will create a remake, it could be big if did properly.