Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

"RIO DE JANEIRO – Private-sector financial analysts have revised their 2014 growth forecasts for Brazil’s economy downward to 0.70 percent from 0.79 percent last week, the Central Bank said Monday.The latest estimate, which reflects the lowest level of confidence among analysts this year amid a slowdown in the economy, is well below the 1 percent growth projection that was the consensus a month ago.The analysts maintained their 1.2 percent gross domestic product (GDP) forecast for 2015 despite the growing pessimism about the economic situation this year.The 2015 GDP forecast, however, stood at 1.5 percent four weeks ago."

It's even worse, I can see why the Brazilian Box Office is not more dynamic than that with such a weak economy.

I see, you could be friend with Katch 22, very similar tastes :P

I haven't watched TMNT though so I don't know what I'd think. If it's as kid friendly as people made it out to be chances are I'd hate it. I do love SH movies as CAP2 and DOFP are among my favourites this year but I find GOTG to be too tension-free and too cartoony for my liking. The best thing about GOTG was it's humours but if I wanted to laugh every 2 mins watching something I'd rather watch TBBT DVDs at home.  ;)

But I do love most of MB movies so in that case you're right. :lol:

• Like 1

I haven't watched TMNT though so I don't know what I'd think. If it's as kid friendly as people made it out to be chances are I'd hate it. I do love SH movies as CAP2 and DOFP are among my favourites this year but I find GOTG to be too tension-free and too cartoony for my liking. The best thing about GOTG was it's humours but if I wanted to laugh every 2 mins watching something I'd rather watch TBBT DVDs at home.  ;)

But I do love most of MB movies so in that case you're right. :lol:

Come on, SH movies can't all be serious and dark, a superhero embodies hope, not darkness ^^

Come on, SH movies can't all be serious and dark, a superhero embodies hope, not darkness ^^

Of course not. I know dark doesn't always mean good. I don't like TDK on the other hand TA is one of my favourite movies ever because it's light and funny but still manage to be EPIC, heroic and thrilling.

Watching GOTG was like watching a SH sitcom, too many 'cute' and 'humorous' moments that took away most suspension and excitement of what at stake since every threat had been treated as a joke. GOTG would be an excellent animation. I did enjoy it a lot the same way I enjoyed Ice Age and Madagascar movies but I expected more from a live action movie.

Btw HTTYD2 was far more mature than GOTG even though it's an animation.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

Of course not. I know dark doesn't always mean good. I don't like TDK on the other hand TA is one of my favourite movies ever because it's light and funny but still manage to be EPIC, heroic and thrilling.

Watching GOTG was like watching a SH sitcom, too many 'cute' and 'humorous' moments that took away most suspension and excitement of what at stake since every threat had been treated as a joke. GOTG would be an excellent animation. I did enjoy it a lot the same way I enjoyed Ice Age and Madagascar movies but I expected more from a live action movie.

Btw HTTYD2 was far more mature than GOTG even though it's an animation.

I see what you mean, for sure GOTG could have more epicness, more battles, but it was just a start, an introduction to this universe.

GOTG2 with Thanos should be much more epic ^^

Posted Image

UNITED STATES BOX OFFICE : ETHNICITY SHARE OF POPULATION AND TICKETS SOLD IN 2013

US Population :

-63% is White/Caucasian

-17% is Hispanic/Latino

-12% is African American

-8% = Others (Asians, Amerindians, Mixed races..)

Share of tickets sold :

-Whites = 53% of tickets sold

-Hispanic = 25%

-African Americans = 13%

-Others = 8%