Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Dollar is at $3,9582 BRL now  :ph34r: $4 next week? 

OMG, the Real decreased ever faster than I thought. The movies that will be released in the coming weeks will suffer greatly. Let's see the effect on TMR2 already, it could be under TMR1 in $ and if that's the case that will show how bad it is.

It was entertaining. I have a problem with these recent YA sequels because it doesn't have a story of its own, and MR2 is basically the characters going from one place to another. But I had fun watching and I have no doubt fans of the series will love it.  -_- I still prefer the first movie because the maze was very intriguing.

That's fine then :)

Dammiit! I thought The Maze Runner got at least $10m in Brazil 1 year ago but no, it just got $7.3m o_o At that time $1 was worth 2.37 Brazilian Reais (R$), so TMR1 got around R$17.3m.

Now $1 = R$3.95 so if TMR2 gets the same gross than TMR1 in R$ that will just give us $4.38m, so weak :o

So, to get as much as TMR1 in dollars TMR2 would need to gross R$28.8m instead of R$17.3m, a 66% increase :o

It's very unlikely to reach $10m in the end, so I was too optimistic about it a few weeks ago, same thing for PierreHP who expected $12m.