Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

There's no such thing as a movie too smart for Brazilian audience    :ph34r:

I think you guys are missing the point. Pixar movies are smart but there's nothing hard to understand in it. If they don't make too much money here is due to marketing or maybe the brand is not as strong here as is in the US, or maybe is a cultural thing. But definitely is not because Brazilian people are not smart. That's a horrible thing to say.

I'm not saying smart as in too hard to understand. I mean that they are way more sophisticated than the occasional Blu Sky movie. 

it's pretty much a fact that, when it comes to movies, Brazilians in general does not want anything more than shallow entertainment.

Thanks for this Goffe :)

brazilx.gif

According to this map Manaus is completely isolated from the rest of the country, I didn't expect the seventh biggest city to be in the Amazonia, I thought there was nothing there apart from small villages.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-KjiKbU8xVW5MvUGNX7zUQ5OC9TJhvOXFSKWEOup36lt5G2BRJEnDYjiv

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL-t5IEPn0NI9FzjEl538QfmRy2LeC_7iHNcQvhCiTMlSblkRm

I'm not saying smart as in too hard to understand. I mean that they are way more sophisticated than the occasional Blu Sky movie. 

it's pretty much a fact that, when it comes to movies, Brazilians in general does not want anything more than shallow entertainment.

Interstellar was a complete flop in Brazil, that was painful to see :(

Thanks for this Goffe :)

brazilx.gif

According to this map Manaus is completely isolated from the rest of the country, I didn't expect the seventh biggest city to be in the Amazonia, I thought there was nothing there apart from small villages.

just one small note: Pantanal and Iguazu Falls are not a city  :lol:

Edited by Goffe