Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The language issue concerns me as a Spaniard. I understand the reasons of Raphael for not learning Spanish. Both languages seem similar. However, Spanish people who try to learn Portuguese (I have two friends that did it), always say it is a difficult language to learn. Sincerely, when I listen a Portuguese person I have always had dificulties to understand him, even although both seem pretty similar languages. Probably the grammar is nearly identical, but the accent makes it really really hard for us to understand you.

• Like 2

The language issue concerns me as a Spaniard. I understand the reasons of Raphael for not learning Spanish. Both languages seem similar. However, Spanish people who try to learn Portuguese (I have two friends that did it), always say it is a difficult language to learn. Sincerely, when I listen a Portuguese person I have always had dificulties to understand him, even although both seem pretty similar languages. Probably the grammar is nearly identical, but the accent makes it really really hard for us to understand you.

I don't get this, Spanish and Portuguese are so similar, although, I always thought that English was way easier to learn :lol:

Both languages clearly have a different prononciations, Spanish-speaking people speaks more clearly and use a more limited range of sounds. Learning both, I can tell they're pretty different in terms of prononciations. However it's not horribly difficult to surpass this kind of obstacles, they're not THAT different and I say that as a French.

You're so smart    :blush:  Japanese seems cool, but must be so difficult to learn   :sadno:

Thanks ^^" However I'll be satisfied only when I'll be fluent in Englsih (already the case), in Spanish (not far from it, jsut needs one more year) and Portuguese. Japanese is very different and quite difficult, but I intend to do it slowly and for the fun of having an Asian language in my skills, I love Japanese animes and I can use them to learn, but that will be for the fun and passion that's all so taht's fine if I'm never fluent ^^

I don't get this, Spanish and Portuguese are so similar, although, I always thought that English was way easier to learn :lol:

Well, Spanish is closer to French than English, and I still think English is easier as well :) That probably depends on the person, on many factors, and the interest of course. When you love a culture, a country, it'sm uch easier to learn, and there is A LOT of materials to learn English easily, much more than any other language. I like Spanish-speaking countries and cultures, but I'm not a fan so I didn't learn it with the same passion than English.

• Like 1

Well, Spanish is closer to French than English, and I still think English is easier as well :) That probably depends on the person, on many factors, and the interest of course. When you love a culture, a country, it'sm uch easier to learn, and there is A LOT of materials to learn English easily, much more than any other language. I like Spanish-speaking countries and cultures, but I'm not a fan so I didn't learn it with the same passion than English.

That's so true! You can learn a language much more easily when you love the country, that's why I think I can learn German pretty fast B)

• Like 1

It is just an accent problem, when you use the language to talk directly. I do not know the Portuguese grammar, but I guess I would not have to much problems to learn it.

But concerning accents, in Spain, we have many accents quite different between them. It is not the same to listen a Galician (northwest region of Spain, and people who have another co-official language called Galician, pretty similar in accent to Portuguese), than to listen an Andalusian, a person from Catalonia, or a person born in Madrid. Andalusian accent is quite peculiar and some Spanish people who did not born there have some difficulties to understand an Andalusian person in a direct conversation. The same happens with some Galician people. Sometimes you literally can not understand what they are saying even although they are using the same language.

And the same applies to Portuguese. When I listen Brazilian or Portuguese people talking (many football players who play here, for example), I have real difficulties to understand them. As I said, just an accent issue.

• Like 1

It is just an accent problem, when you use the language to talk directly. I do not know the Portuguese grammar, but I guess I would not have to much problems to learn it.

But concerning accents, in Spain, we have many accents quite different between them. It is not the same to listen a Galician (northwest region of Spain, and people who have another co-official language called Galician, pretty similar in accent to Portuguese), than to listen an Andalusian, a person from Catalonia, or a person born in Madrid. Andalusian accent is quite peculiar and some Spanish people who did not born there have some difficulties to understand an Andalusian person in a direct conversation. The same happens with some Galician people. Sometimes you literally can not understand what they are saying even although they are using the same language.

And the same applies to Portuguese. When I listen Brazilian or Portuguese people talking (many football players who play here, for example), I have real difficulties to understand them. As I said, just an accent issue.

And do you have any interest in learning Portuguese?

And do you have any interest in learning Portuguese?

Why not? Portuguese people are my neighbours :)

My problem is to not have enough time. I would like to learn more languages, but I am always busy... Some years ago I started to learn French and German, but because of job I had to leave it :(  Right now, I can remember nearly nothing about both languages.

• Like 1

My problem is to not have enough time. I would like to learn more languages, but I am always busy... Some years ago I started to learn French and German, but because of job I had to leave it :( Right now, I can remember nearly nothing about both languages.

Oh, I understand! Sadly that you don't know German anymore or I would take some lessons :P

My problem is to not have enough time. I would like to learn more languages, but I am always busy... Some years ago I started to learn French and German, but because of job I had to leave it :(  Right now, I can remember nearly nothing about both languages.

By the way Peludo, are you sad about what's happening in Catalonia? That would be so terrible for Spain :(