Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The Last Witch Hunter hunted down $18.6 million from 77 markets over the weekend. Strong openings in several key markets helped boost the film's earnings with top performers Russia ($3.4M from 981 screens), Brazil ($2M from 808 screens), France ($1.7M from 288 screens) and Italy ($1.2M from 273 screens) leading the charge. The Last Witch Hunter has grossed a total of $38.4 million overseas and $56.3 million worldwide.

Pan flew up to a $76 million total overseas following a $6.3 million weekend in 6,700 screens across 61 markets. Top markets include the UK ($10.9M), Mexico ($7.1M), Brazil ($6.3M), and Australia ($5M). Pan has grossed $107.7M worldwide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Is that enough for Top 5 of year? 

It is enough for top 10. 

Inside Out, Minions and Hotel Transylvania 2 along with Avengers and FF7 are in the TOP 5 with +1.5m admissions. 

But it will be more than enough to top Mr2 and Insurgent :D

Edited by A District 3 Engineer
  • Like 1

Just watched Dope, loved it. So much better than that indie-wannabe movie, Me and Earl and the zZzZ...

My top 5 of the year, so far:

1. The Second Mother
2. Inside Out
3. Youth
4. The Story of Eternity
5. Dope

Special mentions to Fury Road and Love & Mercy. The worst movie I've seen this year is Far From The Madding Crowd, mess.

zuh5fXO.gif

Edited by Blur

More numbers from this weekend:

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE GHOST DIMENSION - No. 2 with a $3.2M cume.

BRIDGE OF SPIES - $380K from 246 screens (fell 21%).

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON - $40K in limited release.

S.O.S. WOMEN AT SEA 2 - This Brazilian romantic comedy that Universal is releasing is shipshape locally where Hollywood movies are currently dominating. Chris D’Amato’s cruise liner-set story moved to No. 3 in the current frame with $780K to take the 11-day total to $2.2M.

http://deadline.com/2015/11/spectre-sony-hotel-transylvania-2-martian-last-witch-hunter-scouts-guide-zombie-apocalypse-international-box-office-results-1201602038/

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Ok, Mockingjay part 2 could be bigger than DH2 in Brazil. That would be awesome! 

In other news, BOM is updating its overseas numbers for Venezuela in 2014 and 2015. Mp1 will decrease from $9.43m to $4.78m. 

Only in admissions, in dollars DH2 is certain to be ahead with $35m.

And why did BOM decide to lower MJ1's numbers in Venezuela?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

It is enough for top 10. 

Inside Out, Minions and Hotel Transylvania 2 along with Avengers and FF7 are in the TOP 5 with +1.5m admissions. 

But it will be more than enough to top Mr2 and Insurgent :D

HT2 is on the Top 5?! Jesus, your country is really weird :ph34r: 

Well, I don't think it's too hard to beat these two flops, lmfao

10 hours ago, Blur said:

Just watched Dope, loved it. So much better than that indie-wannabe movie, Me and Earl and the zZzZ...

My top 5 of the year, so far:

1. The Second Mother
2. Inside Out
3. Youth
4. The Story of Eternity
5. Dope

Special mentions to Fury Road and Love & Mercy. The worst movie I've seen this year is Far From The Madding Crowd, mess.

zuh5fXO.gif

Soon it will be:

1. Mockingjay 

2. The Second Mother
3. Inside Out
4. Youth
5. The Story of Eternity

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The Last Witch Hunter hunted down $18.6 million from 77 markets over the weekend. Strong openings in several key markets helped boost the film's earnings with top performers Russia ($3.4M from 981 screens), Brazil ($2M from 808 screens), France ($1.7M from 288 screens) and Italy ($1.2M from 273 screens) leading the charge. The Last Witch Hunter has grossed a total of $38.4 million overseas and $56.3 million worldwide.

Pan flew up to a $76 million total overseas following a $6.3 million weekend in 6,700 screens across 61 markets. Top markets include the UK ($10.9M), Mexico ($7.1M), Brazil ($6.3M), and Australia ($5M). Pan has grossed $107.7M worldwide.

Brazil being able to be among the biggest markets despite all these exchange rates issues is a good thing, sadly it's not for the good movies :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It's not how things work. If it was like this, then HP would be bigger than Twilight 

You talked about YA saga, a saga is the combination of all movies from a franchise, not just the last movie to be released. So yes, HP is first and is unlikely to be passed anytime soon...