Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Apparently, Paramount moved Star Trek Beyond from July 21 to September 1st in Brazil. WHAT THE HELL?!

Smart move, on July 7 there will be Ice Age 5, Ghostbusters on July 14, Tarzan on July 21 and The BFG on July 28.

The previous Star Trek miserably bombed there, with such a competition dead in the water..

11 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Angry Birds came like five years too late.

DOFP OW in admissions: 1,269,731

Deadpool OW: 1,700,509

Apocalypse OW: ?

It's incredible to see Deadpool ahead X-Men movies!

18 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

There are lots of IMAX options in Brazil. Too bad they're way too damn expensive, lol.

Everything is expensive here in Rio. I always try to avoid buying tickets for 3D versions. Fortunately I managed to watch X-Men in 2D. :)

I never watched a movie in IMAX.  I currently live in one of France's biggest cities  and we don't even have IMAX here, the closest one being 300km from here, in Paris.

As for movies I hate 3D, it's so useless and expensive, only Avatar was worth it! I always watch them in 2D and subbed (I don't like dubbed movies).

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I never watched a movie in IMAX.  I currently live in one of France's biggest cities  and we don't even have IMAX here, the closest one being 300km from here, in Paris.

As for movies I hate 3D, it's so useless and expensive, only Avatar was worth it! I always watch them in 2D and subbed (I don't like dubbed movies).

Damn, that's way too far away, lol. I don't think you're missing anything, though.

I agree about the 3D! Avatar is probably the only good 3D flick, but Resident Evil Afterlife was also amazing in 3D. Both movies share the same Pace Fusion 3D camera used during filming.

Most of the movies are filmed in 2D and then converted to 3D, which usually ends up being a crappy conversion. Was Apocalypse filmed in 3D? I have no idea.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Damn, that's way too far away, lol. I don't think you're missing anything, though.

I agree about the 3D! Avatar is probably the only good 3D flick, but Resident Evil Afterlife was also amazing in 3D. Both movies share the same Pace Fusion 3D camera used during filming.

Most of the movies are filmed in 2D and then converted to 3D, which usually ends up being a crappy conversion. Was Apocalypse filmed in 3D? I have no idea.

I didn't know about RE Afterlife but I'm not a fan of this franchise, at least not in movies because I loved RE Rebirth / Zero / 4 in videogames!

Yeah, too far away, that's not worth the travel :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

That's really damn far. Nah, Brazil has like 10 IMAX screens last time I checked but they seem to be located only in state capitals and you gotta remember that Brazil is a huge, huge country. The nearest to me is about 3 hours drive to Rio. Not doing that for just a movie. Maybe someday when I'm already over there and I've got time to kill...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That's really damn far. Nah, Brazil has like 10 IMAX screens last time I checked but they seem to be located only in state capitals and you gotta remember that Brazil is a huge, huge country. The nearest to me is about 3 hours drive to Rio. Not doing that for just a movie. Maybe someday when I'm already over there and I've got time to kill...

Yeah, even in terms of cinemas many places are not well served, there is a lot of room to grow. I know Brazil will be a huge market in the future, probably twice bigger than Japan or so..Nothing like the US and China but not too far from them.

6 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Smart move, on July 7 there will be Ice Age 5, Ghostbusters on July 14, Tarzan on July 21 and The BFG on July 28.

The previous Star Trek miserably bombed there, with such a competition dead in the water..

Yeah, but still. It sucks that we'll have to wait longer to see the movie. I hope it flops here now :sadben:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Why only the remake? o_O

I saw the first movie when I was a kid and it was really cool, you should watch it!

I watched it and hated it :lol:

The new version looks great and I hope it will shut the sexists.

• Like 1