Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

14 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

052277.jpg

OMG I thought Ice Age 5 would come in a few weeks but it'll be there next week :o

The competition with Finding Dory will be huge :o:o IA5 will probably win but I think there is enough room for both.

LOL, I laughed at the stupid poster tag line :rofl:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I will have to scale down my involvement from Monday on so guys don't hesitate to participate even when I don't update.

That's a real shame. I'll miss your posts.

Edit: Just watched Finding Dory by the way, here are my thoughts from the main thread:

18 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Just watched it with my whole family. It was cute, funny and moving. Not the best Pixar movie but definitely not too far behind. The final sequence was crazy fun, the whole theater was laughing like hell, my father included, which was a nice surprise as my mother kinda forced him to go. My mother was specially touched by the way her parents dealt with her issues and I liked it too.

So, when do we get Finding Hank? :ph34r:

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Arlborn said:

That's a real shame. I'll miss your posts.

Edit: Just watched Finding Dory by the way, here are my thoughts from the main thread:

Oh no don't worry, I'll post every week, I don't intend to go during such an exciting moment with Dory and IA5 :P It means I won't  be there every day, but definitely every week :)

• Like 1

xmenapocalypseimax-1.jpg

X-Men Movies in USD

X-Men : $6.1m

X-Men 2 : $7.4m

X-Men 3 : $11.2m

X-Men Origins Wolverine : $14.1m

X-Men First Class : $15.3m

X-Men Days of Future Past : $28.8m

X-Men Apocalypse  : $19.7m

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

About IA5, not even sure it can beat IA4 in lc because of Dory. Dory, on the other hand, could surprise because we expect less from it.

I don't feel that much hype for Dory around here to be honest. I'm not in a big town though and I don't actually visit many Brazilian sites, so I don't know if I'm right. I hope it does well, we'll see.

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I don't feel that much hype for Dory around here to be honest. I'm not in a big town though and I don't actually visit many Brazilian sites, so I don't know if I'm right. I hope it does well, we'll see.

We'll know this Sunday I guess, can't wait :)

latin-america__large_map.gif

Latin America Box Office Revenues

2008 : $1.6B

2009 : $1.7B

2010 : $2.1B

2011 : $2.6B

2012 : $2.8B

2013 : $3.0B

2014 : $3.0B

2015 : $3.4B

What can we say about it? Latin America as a single market was about as big as France as a market in 2008, now it is bigger than Japan and Germany combined.So we can conclude by saying it's a big market right now but it is still far from its full potential, $10B will reached on the long run (slightly smaller than  the current US market).

The Latin American market grew by 112% from 2008 to 2015.

• Like 1

LATIN AMERICA  : SHARE OF THE OS BOX OFFICE

2011 : 11.6%

2012 : 11.7%

2013 : 12.0%

2014 : 11.5%

2015 : 12.5%

So this region becomes an increasingly important part of the OS markets, that's something that must be taken into account.

Among the regions the biggest loser is "Europe, Middle East, Africa" that went from 48% of the OS BO in 2011 to 35.7% in 2015. That's quite a violent shift o_o

• Like 1

I would like more people here...Wally, Sabrina, Henry, come back :(

By the way, folks...Don't forget to visit the first page of this thread, it's a real goldmine when it comes to data about Brazil and the LA region.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

This is for Friday, Dory at #1 as expected.

At #4 we have a local comedy from a very popular group of comedians, and it doesn't look good if it's admissions. Even if it's R$, it should be ahead of Me Before You in its 3rd weekend.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I would like more people here...Wally, Sabrina, Henry, come back :(

By the way, folks...Don't forget to visit the first page of this thread, it's a real goldmine when it comes to data about Brazil and the LA region.

I'm always checking out, great info there. Thanks 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This is for Friday, Dory at #1 as expected.

At #4 we have a local comedy from a very popular group of comedians, and it doesn't look good if it's admissions. Even if it's R$, it should be ahead of Me Before You in its 3rd weekend.

Me Before You is holding really well.

Dory first, obviously! Sadly non OD numbers :(

• Like 1

map-world.png

GLOBAL BOX OFFICE : TOP 12 INTERNATIONAL MARKETS

2014 vs 2015

1. China : $4.8B

2. Japan : $2.0B

3. France : $1.8B

4. UK : $1.7B

5. India : 1.7B

6. South Korea  : $1.6B

7. Germany : $1.3B

8. Russia : $1.2B

9. Australia : $1.0B

10. Mexico : 0.9B

11. Brazil : $0.8B

12. Italy : $0.8B

1. China : $6.8B

2. United Kingdom  : $1.9B

3. Japan : $1.8B

4. India : $1.6B

5. South Korea : 1.5B

6. France   : $1.4B

8. Australia : $0.9B

9. Mexico : $0.9B

10. Russia : 0.8B

11. Italy : $0.8B

12. Brazil : $0.7B

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

So, what do we learn? (+other datas below) :

-China's well ahead and widens the gap with the rest of the pack, adding the equivalent of Japan in one year!

-Russia really suffered, losing a third of its value in just one year, the exchange rates and an economic crisis have hit this market hard! From a pretty big market able to compete with Germany and France it went back to being a modest market...

-Other victims of exchange rates and economic crisis : Brazil, that underwent a slight decline and going back behind Italy. It resisted thanks to an impressive growth in local currency : +17%

-Unlike Russia and Brazil, Mexico didn't decrease : it stagnated, a strong growth in local currency offset the ER.

-Overall stagnation of the main European players these last few years : it's likely to stay that way given they're aging, have a slow GDP growth and a very slow population growth.

-Venezuela was 16th in 2014 and disappeared from the top 20 in 2015. The collapse of its local currency is the explanation and given the horrible economic crisis there it won't be back anytime soon, a shame.

-Indonesia is the emerging player to watch, passing from 20th to 16th in one year. It's likely to be the new big player of the 2020s with India.

• Like 2

map-world.png

GLOBAL BOX OFFICE : TOP 12 INTERNATIONAL MARKETS

2014 vs 2015

1. China : $4.8B

2. Japan : $2.0B

3. France : $1.8B

4. UK : $1.7B

5. India : 1.7B

6. South Korea  : $1.6B

8. Russia : $1.2B

9. Australia : $1.0B

10. Mexico : 0.9B

11. Brazil : $0.8B

12. Italy : $0.8B

1. China : $6.8B

2. United Kingdom  : $1.9B

3. Japan : $1.8B

4. India : $1.6B

5. South Korea : 1.5B

6. France   : $1.4B

8. Australia : $0.9B

9. Mexico : $0.9B

10. Russia : 0.8B

11. Italy : $0.8B

12. Brazil : $0.7B

So, what do we learn? (+other datas below) :

-China's well ahead and widens the gap with the rest of the pack, adding the equivalent of Japan in one year!

-Russia really suffered, losing a third of its value in just one year, the exchange rates and an economic crisis have hit this market hard! From a pretty big market able to compete with Germany and France it went back to being a modest market...

-Other victims of exchange rates and economic crisis : Brazil, that underwent a slight decline and going back behind Italy. It resisted thanks to an impressive growth in local currency : +17%

-Unlike Russia and Brazil, Mexico didn't decrease : it stagnated, a strong growth in local currency offset the ER.

-Overall stagnation of the main European players these last few years : it's likely to stay that way given they're aging, have a slow GDP growth and a very slow population growth.

-Venezuela was 16th in 2014 and disappeared from the top 20 in 2015. The collapse of its local currency is the explanation and given the horrible economic crisis there it won't be back anytime soon, a shame.

-Indonesia is the emerging player to watch, passing from 20th to 16th in one year. It's likely to be the new big player of the 2020s with India.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2