ChipDerby

Skinamarink a-dink, a-derby | Week 3

All I can ask, is that if (when) I lose this week, I hope it's not because of the black box of A24/Whale and sub $500K Whitney

Also, I see we're back to the Derby thread title being a film not on the prediction list🙃

• Haha 3

Just waiting on the katniss show report to see how bad whale will go :hahaha:

Feel like Whitney shouldn’t be too bad in terms of volatility here with a decent volume hold in the face of minimal openers.

Also, Jesus Christ was I boring this wknd — looks like the biggest deviation from the avg is 49 vs 55 on Houston :rofl:

1 hour ago, M37 said:

All I can ask, is that if (when) I lose this week, I hope it's not because of the black box of A24/Whale and sub $500K Whitney

Also, I see we're back to the Derby thread title being a film not on the prediction list🙃

I'LL DO WHAT I WANT

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, M37 said:

1 hour ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Feel like Whitney shouldn’t be too bad in terms of volatility here with a decent volume hold in the face of minimal openers.

I Wanna Dance 971 5,103 -55.90%

Whitney may end up saving me from being off on Whale - going to need a flat $/show to hit $500K. @krla with the low value at $300K

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 8:46 AM, M37 said:

On 1/20/2023 at 10:57 AM, M37 said:

I Wanna Dance 971 5,103 -55.90%

Whitney may end up saving me from being off on Whale - going to need a flat $/show to hit $500K. @krla with the low value at $300K

welp, or not ...

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Current standings with Sunday estimates. Lots of bouncing around as I was putting in numbers, so could be some movement in scores & standings with actuals

c9qDDvn.png

@Hilts is very quietly having an impressive year so far, even if this result doesn't quite hold

Watching You Tina Fey GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

On 1/22/2023 at 8:45 AM, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Just need a couple of est beats for sun — puss and M3G especially going to decide it.

1/2 not enough, congrats to @Hilts

For next weekend would really like to get rid of Whitney but the options for new movies are pretty dubious— Infinity Pool looks like over 1M I guess, it’s an NC-17 with very little tracking. Pathaan will be several M and probably my recommendation, but still foreign with pretty little tracking. Pick yer poison

9 hours ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

For next weekend would really like to get rid of Whitney but the options for new movies are pretty dubious— Infinity Pool looks like over 1M I guess, it’s an NC-17 with very little tracking. Pathaan will be several M and probably my recommendation, but still foreign with pretty little tracking. Pick yer poison

both GIF

Gotta drop Whitney IMO. Infinity is rated R (but a hard R), looks to debut at a reasonable level, so no reason not to add it.  

Whale is going to be extra fun this week with Oscar noms but no dailies, and both HP and BPWF should be around $1M if we want/need another cut for Pathaan 

1 hour ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Don’t mind both. I thrive on niche openers. Not the friendliest for less diehard players though, is my perception. 

Pathaan is much more of a wild card, I don't mind skipping it like Slime last week. But Infinity pool should be in a predictable enough range that seems reasonable to include it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M37 said:

Pathaan is much more of a wild card, I don't mind skipping it like Slime last week. But Infinity pool should be in a predictable enough range that seems reasonable to include it

On the other hand Pathaan is a wed OD, so people would have numbers to work off for it

On 1/22/2023 at 4:36 PM, M37 said:

@Hilts is very quietly having an impressive year so far, even if this result doesn't quite hold

Shhhh don't jinx it!

On 1/24/2023 at 3:29 AM, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Cheers, I undercooked the Whale (failed to anticipate its soft drops during the week) but seemed to be close enough on the rest. Had a feeling Puss would increase on actuals but not a lot of change overall compared to estimates this week which benefitted me on this occasion. On to the next

• Like 1