Box Office Hit

It Ends With Us | Sony | August 9, 2024

19 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

How long did it take you to dig that up? Reminds me of people digging up dirty on James Gunn's old social media posts just to get him fired. Not cool.

In the end, all these Hollywood people are human beings. They can come off as jerks sometimes, and maybe they are, which is why all of them use marketing to make them look good. I find it best to ignore how they are in real life.

More people need to learn how to keep art separate from the artist to enjoy things. Attacking people is unnecessary.

I disagree. If someone is rude, they deserved to be called out for it. If it's an isolated incident then they should just take it on the chin, acknowledge their behaviour and move on

This is life now in hollywood. If you make an enemy, best hope you've been squeaky clean because these people are archaelogists that love digging up the past

This interview was 2016 when the Metoo campaign happened and at the time, actresses were making a huge deal out of interviewers commenting on womens clothing or pregnancy rather than their work and it became fashionable to call them out for it. Blake just did it in an unnecessarily rude way to someone that didn't deserve it. She should take advice from Scarjo on who dealt with worse questions so much better

I thought this was entertaining, it’s heart is in the right place with the message, even if it takes a little long to get there. 

I thought Blake was very likeable in it, despite her bad press as a person. Brandon Sklenar though, so handsome. He was the stand out for me. 

WGA potentially looking into the claims that Ryan Reynolds worked on this during a strike. 

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I thought this was entertaining, it’s heart is in the right place with the message, even if it takes a little long to get there. 

I thought Blake was very likeable in it, despite her bad press as a person. Brandon Sklenar though, so handsome. He was the stand out for me. 

WGA potentially looking into the claims that Ryan Reynolds worked on this during a strike. 

Ideally, Sony cuts a big check to Justin for the rights (or trades with him in exchange for funding another project of his) and the sequel moves forward with a recast Ryle. Blake and Brandon Sklenar should be the main draw for It Starts With Us anyway. Baldoni gets an executive producer credit and Blake has to do an Instagram post (not a Story) thanking him for his contribution to the film series.

The "source" says Ryan rewrote the rooftop scene in April 2023, which is not totally implausible, but conveniently absolves him of the scab allegations.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

So the rights to the two novels are owned by Justin Baldoni and Wayfarer Studios, not Sony.

It would be funny if he decided to go to another studio and make the sequel without Blake Lively lol.

Reminds me of Crazy Rich Asians, which was a hit movie that just never got a sequel because WB got cheap and didn't want to give a pay rise to the main writer. Greed killed that sequel.

For this movie, toxic work environment could kill the sequel. You would they think they could pretend to get along for the big paycheck for the sequel. There have been shows where lead actors hated each other but still endured working for years together.

CGI the actors into scenes when they have to the same room or something for the sequel. Even better, learn to get along.

On 5/22/2024 at 4:32 PM, Speedorito said:

I can’t wait for people to call this a “sleeper hit” five months from now and be shocked if ends up on Deadline’s most profitable mid-budget films list.

Happy Olivia Wilde GIF by MOODMAN

Locked. And to think a single digits opening was supposed to be on the table. It’s too bad about Blake Lively though. Had no idea she was a mean girl.