Box Office Hit

It Ends With Us | Sony | August 9, 2024

I know it's based on a book and the fans were angry about the set photos because they didn't like the hair/clothes? Just looked up what It Ends With Us is about, and whew, that was unexpected! I was picturing, IDK, something like The Notebook?

And it's directed by Justin Baldoni, who did Five Feet Apart, but I know him as Rafael on Jane the Virgin. Hope he can handle this well.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Isn't production on this currently shut down due to the strike? Odd they would date it for a release in the not too distant future since who knows when that will end.

I might be wrong but if they’re shooting now, it may mean they have a script that they’re confident in, or a script they don’t have to do any rewrites with. I think the rule is that because of the strike they can’t rewrite anything during an in-progress production.

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

This is still listed with a February 9, 2024 release date on IMDb.

It's obviously getting delayed, along with Sony's My Ex-Friend's Wedding (which is still set for Mother's Day weekend but apparently hasn't even shot a frame of footage). My guess is, given the strategic release dates for both of these movies, they end up going to the same dates in 2025.

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's obviously getting delayed, along with Sony's My Ex-Friend's Wedding (which is still set for Mother's Day weekend but apparently hasn't even shot a frame of footage). My guess is, given the strategic release dates for both of these movies, they end up going to the same dates in 2025.

I know it can't make the release date, but it's just 5 weeks away and the studio hasn't officially said anything. It's odd for something this high profile (not Batman or anything but still based on a big bestseller).

On 1/5/2024 at 8:45 AM, filmlover said:

My Ex-Friend's Wedding was actually removed from the release schedule about a month ago (Dec 6, '23). Sony put Horrorscope on its date instead.

1 hour ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I mean this film is not making its release date right? There's been no trailer or zero marketing unless Sony plans on doing this amazing all time blitz. 

It’s likely getting moved. Maybe to summer.