ZattMurdock

Invincible | Second season releasing November 3, 2023 on Amazon Prime, split in two halves. Atom Eve’s 50 min special episode just released.

Do not sleep on this show. Tried to find a thread for it but I don’t think it exists. I feel like The Boys is overhyped while Invincible might be low key one of the best superhero adaptations of all time. Kirkman isn’t the richest man in comics for nothing, I love The Walking Dead (comics, I mean), but Invincible is his magnum opus.

This Atom Eve special is both amazing and heartbreaking. I’ve been reading the comics along with the show, but trying to not get too much ahead because this is one of the rare cases that I barely know the source material. Just like My Adventures with Superman, I couldn’t recommend this enough. It might literally be worth an Amazon Prime subscription.

Really good show. The structure of it reminds me of buffy a lot and it's very rewatchable in general. The atom eve special was fine, nothing specacular, but the 1s ep got me really hooked again. I'm not reading the comic anytime soon, but I hope they get to adapt it all the way through.

The amount of gore is borderline silly but I don't mind at all. My only beef with that and the show overall is where is all the sex though? Mark can get beaten to a pulp every other episode but still no sex scene. It's a little bizzare going all in on bloody violence but treat the relationship stuff like a family film.

• Like 1