kayumanggi

THE WILD ROBOT | 09.27.2024 | Universal | Chris Sanders to direct | official trailer 2 on page 7

7 hours ago, AniNate said:

Received its MPA rating today which pretty much means it's done. That reddit claim about animators being rushed to finish by its release date seems to be bunk. 

https://www.filmratings.com/Content/Downloads/cara_rating_bulletin.pdf

I believe the rumor was rushed before the strike occurs and not rushed to finish.

There's not a whole lot to tell tbh, just one random redditor making an unverified claim that animators were being overworked at the end, which honestly isn't that uncommon in the industry but just takes on a more cynical subtext in the midst of TAG negotiations. Hopefully they can work out more agreeable conditions in this new contract.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

My 7 year old and I just finished the book last week and it's excellent. Really had me crying at the end.

I'm fascinated to see how they're going to handle the third act in the film.

• Like 1

Saw this trailer in front of

IO2

DM3

DM4

Sonic

They sure are going all out on the marketing for this. No comedic vibe in trailers which might hurt it, but plenty of cute animals which could help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

My 7 year old and I just finished the book last week and it's excellent. Really had me crying at the end.

I'm fascinated to see how they're going to handle the third act in the film.

I predict it’ll play more into what happens in the second book.

• Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Lmao where'd that pullquote come from already? No name attached to the source

They made it up. It’s David Manning all over again!

Spoiler

I’m assuming this is an embargoed review that they will publish when it premieres at TIFF

I was thinking it might've come from a puff piece BTS profile where it leads with "could be the greatest Dreamworks movie ever" but I didn't spot anything like that from a Google search

Edited by AniNate

This should be getting a nice promotional boost from the Olympics the next two weeks. Easy colorful family friendly thing for NBC to drop a bunch of ads for. 

Canna mentioned that some schools are going back in session this week which made me realize that means some of them also get extended fall breaks now in October, so this movie's legs may indeed benefit from that and are also another reason uni didn't want to push this too far into October so it could reap the full benefits of those breaks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AniNate said:

This should be getting a nice promotional boost from the Olympics the next two weeks. Easy colorful family friendly thing for NBC to drop a bunch of ads for. 

Maybe that will change, but I am yet to see any promotion for it during the Olympics.

There's much more Wicked at the Olympics than there is of this, probably waiting until closer to the end when they're guessing kids are returning to school (Though I think our district goes back like August 10th).

• Like 1