kayumanggi

THE WILD ROBOT | 09.27.2024 | Universal | Chris Sanders to direct | official trailer on page 2

4 hours ago, WebSurfer said:

Been hearing of layoffs at Dreamworks recently.

This guy may have summarized the current situation there...

If that's true, then I wonder how this is gonna affect the movie.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

They should just move this to November 8th. That spot is basically vacant right now, and we’ve had Dreamworks movies released in November before. 

It's gonna run into a buzzsaw on Thanksgiving way things are looking right now. Even if Sept/Oct isn't a "traditional" spot, I think the last few years have shown that having as much distance as possible from future competition can be very helpful

• Like 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

They should just move this to November 8th. That spot is basically vacant right now, and we’ve had Dreamworks movies released in November before. 

Doubt it since Universal's already putting out Wicked (which will be heavily targeting family crowds as its main demo) that month. They could always go for 10/18 as well since all that has at the moment is the Smile sequel.

Has this sort of thing been done before? Where a movie was pushed back to avoid competition?

Early October seems like the best time. I hope they address this in some way, but I think when a second trailer drops in May or June it should be clear on what they go for.

The most egregious example I can think of was Batman and Captain America both being scheduled for the first May weekend in 2016, with Batman eventually blinking and moving to March.

I wasn't expecting the second trailer for this until Despicable Me 4, that would probably still be early enough to publicly announce any release date tweaks

10/11 would be a good spot for this. 3 weeks after Transformers and a holiday weekend to help boost it, all whilst sailing throughout Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Has this sort of thing been done before? Where a movie was pushed back to avoid competition?

Early October seems like the best time. I hope they address this in some way, but I think when a second trailer drops in May or June it should be clear on what they go for.

Just last year Universal moved Exorcist up a week to avoid direct competition with Taylor Swift.