Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #MON - Exorcist $2.3M, Paw Patrol $2.2M, Saw X $1.1M &The Creator $1.0M

Good news for Saw! Should drop under 1M tomorrow though, I'm hoping not too harsh of a drop. The real test is how it'll stack up against Taylor Swift this weekend. I'm more optimistic about it then I was a few weeks ago. My theater is only doing 1 less showtime this week for Saw X then it was doing last weekend. I'm hoping it'll be good counterprograming but we'll see!

25 minutes ago, eman92 said:

Good news for Saw! Should drop under 1M tomorrow though, I'm hoping not too harsh of a drop. The real test is how it'll stack up against Taylor Swift this weekend. I'm more optimistic about it then I was a few weeks ago. My theater is only doing 1 less showtime this week for Saw X then it was doing last weekend. I'm hoping it'll be good counterprograming but we'll see!

Yeh it looks like a lot of the other films are either losing showtimes or moving into the smaller rooms to make way for Taylor.

Horrendous drops this weekend no doubt. But you never know, maybe they’ll benefit a tiny amount for counter programming. Plus any potential “Friday the 13th” boost.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

$1.4m for Exorcist 

Is this pointing towards a -70% weekend drop? Taylor, the complete PLF loss, the showtime reduction, the move to small rooms even for evening showings, plus the bad reviews could all combine for a -70%+ tumble. 

I'm guessing -67-70%. Friday the 13th will probably be its one saving grace, but it will be interesting to see if Friday the 13th can't even save it from such a horrific drop-off.

19 hours ago, Krissykins said:

$1.4m for Exorcist 

Is this pointing towards a -70% weekend drop? Taylor, the complete PLF loss, the showtime reduction, the move to small rooms even for evening showings, plus the bad reviews could all combine for a -70%+ tumble. 

It's one where @CJohn will say theaters are dying, but at the same time revel in the chaos of a terrible drop

• Thanks 1

The deadline article about Taylor Swift's Thursday numbers also gave the other top 5 films Thursday grosses

"The last minute showtimes for Eras Tour didn’t take too much air out of the sleepy autumn box office with Universal/Blumhouse/Morgan Creek’s The Exorcist: Believer earning an estimated $1.3M yesterday at 3,663 theaters, -9% from Wednesday for a first week of $33.9M.

Lionsgate’s Saw X at 3,262 theaters did $729K yesterday, +1% from Wednesday, and $11.3M in week 2 and $35.7M running cume.

Paramount and Spin Master’s second week of Paw Patrol: The Might Movie earned $15.8M after a second Thursday of $620K, +2%, at 4,027 theaters. The animated pic’s running total is $42.8M.

New Regency/20th Century Studios/Disney’s The Creator at 3,680 theaters grossed $571K on Thursday, even with Wednesday, with a second week of $9.3M and a running total of $28M.

Fathom Events’ The Blind saw $271K at 1,312 theaters, and a second week of $4.5M and a running total of $11.9M."

Saw X holding VERY well, and it only lost around 200ish theaters this weekend. I'm curious to see how it does this weekend. Maybe with Friday the 13th and very little competition besides Taylor Swift, the film can have a good drop of like 40%? I'm gonna estimate 4.3-4.7M weekend which would be great for Saw. Would officially put it over Jigsaw and extremely close to 40M Domestically. I'd think if it does at least 4M+ this weekend it has a very strong chance of hitting 45M domestically in its total end run. I do think 50M is out of the question, but I'm really happy to see it having strong legs so far. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Can’t say I was expecting only a -9% Thursday drop for Exorcist. 

I don't see Exorcist having a huge disastrous drop like many are saying, I think it'll have the typical 60-68% drop that horror films typically have. I think maybe Halloween's drops were really more related to Peacock then to the actual quality of the film. I guess we'll see but Exorcists numbers haven't been bad at all this whole week 

• Like 1