AniNate

3 Body Problem | Netflix sci-fi series from GOT showrunners | March 2024

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/netflix-3-body-problem-trailer-1235864943/

From creators David Benioff, D.B. Weiss and Alexander Woo, the series is based on the 2008 novel “The Three-Body Problem” by Liu Cixin. The trio also serve as executive producers and writers. Benioff and Weiss previously collaborated on “Game of Thrones” together while Woo is an alum of “True Blood.”

The logline for “3 Body Problem” reads, “A young woman’s fateful decision in 1960s China reverberates across space and time into the present day. When the laws of nature inexplicably unravel before their eyes, a close-knit group of brilliant scientists join forces with an unorthodox detective to confront the greatest threat in humanity’s history.”

Edited by AniNate

Just finished season 1. Definitely intriguing show. Wont say its fantastic but definitely worth a look. I thought the plot was too convoluted and as a story it was not complete. Just a part 1 of a bigger story. That said episodes were crisp and characters were mostly well written. Wade and the character portrayed by Wong were really good. The scientist were ok. Not that convincing as super smart genius. funniest character Jack does not last too long either. Romantic sub plots were meh as well. 

just finished it. Was OK. weirdly structured. Haven't read them but apparently this gets to the end of the first book in the fifth episode. It peaks there and kinda drags along for the next three. Episodes 2-5 I didn't get why the show had a mixed response I was fully into it and after that it never excited me again really.

And the finale episode being like 80% focused on Jovan Adepo's character who was given nothing to do before and lacked personality also seemed like an odd choice.

Loved Liam Cunningham. The best part of game of thrones and the best part of this.

Edited by CoolioD1