kayumanggi

CONCLAVE | Oct 25 / 2024 | Edward Berger directs | Ralph Fiennes, Stanley Tucci, & John Lithgow star | trailer 2 on page 2

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Straight to 1.500 theaters (and to Peacock in early December, what a dump by Universal).

Was supposed to open limitedly. These 1500 theaters are actually generous. Going wider now depends on the reception. I hope it does well.

On 9/9/2024 at 10:42 PM, elcaballero said:

Movie sounds like a helluva fun time. Really looking forward to it.

Actually the novel deals with some pretty serious issues and I suspect the film will also.

I repeat, if well done it will make a good thrillerm though not sure fun time is how I would describe it.

21 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Wow, they  staying close to the nevel.

They are even keeping the climaticevent which i thought they might change because of current politics might make it touchy.

Spoiler

The climax is triggerds by a attack by Islamic Terrorist on the Vatican, exploding a massive truck bumb outside St,Peters. The reactions of the cardinals is what triggers  the  final part of the novel and, apparently, film. Almost every scene in trailer and lot of the lines are direct from the novel.

Edited by dudalb

On 10/13/2024 at 6:05 PM, PlatnumRoyce said:

what's the baseline expectation for the film?

I won't get into figures, but it is  being counterprogrammed against "Venom" so the studio must have confidence that it can draw from the audience who is not interested in seeing "Venom" Hoping for sort of 'Devil Wears Prada vs Superman Returns". THye are not expecting it to come close to beating Venom but i can pull around 25 to 30 Millin the studio will be very happy. Clear the expect this to be an awards contender and expect to make their big bucks that way.

7 hours ago, budice said:

Voldemort leading the Vatican seems fitting

GaqLCLLXEAAMipy?format=jpg&name=small

If they stick to the novel, which fem the trailer they seem to be doeing, the Fiennes Cardinal will be a sympathetic charecter.

The novel is very balanced; it is not a whitewash of the Catholic CHurch, but not a hostile attack either.rANyway, last thing we need around here is a religous debate. Internet religous arguments almost never end up well. They turn into the proversibal two gangs of idiots shouting at each other.