AniNate

Best Animated Feature 2024

Well they did go for a non Disney movie last year, though it's true that Gints Zilbalodis, Claude Barras and Benoit Chieux don't have the mainstream recognition that Hayao Miyazaki does yet.

Most Precious of Cargoes probably would've been a shoo in here as an "art house" nom if the Cannes reception were better. Can't say I'm all that broken up though about ampas having to get a little more creative than picking the latest Holocaust movie.

Strong early buzz for Memoir of a Snail. Between that, Flow and Savages some formidable contenders on the festival circuit. If Sirocco is anything to go by though some of those might get held up for US distribution until next year.

I think the chances of the lOTR film getting an animated feature BP nomination are really overrated, unless the competition is really weak.

"WIld Robot" seems t ohave a huge following here, but let's see the actual film before we give it the Oscar. Yes, great source material, but then Hollywood is expert at messing up great source matetrial.

Hollywood may be prone to ruining source material but Chris Sanders is not. The way it is being promoted I think they legit believe in it. 

Maybe it's a disappointment, who knows. But the pedigree is there. A lot of stiff indie competition for sure though and while inside out may be a huge hit and likely will be nominated, I don't think it has a lock on the win. 

• Like 1

This board being bumped actually reminded me that GKIDS is distributing Sirocco and the Kingdom of Winds in the US because they had a trailer in front of Mononoke!

The thin line work really works on the screen, it looks great.

Edited by Morieris