Eric the Minion

Challengers (2024) Spoiler Thread

Challengers (2024)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

Zendaya as a Mom honestly made me laugh, she looks so young. I personally greatly enjoy her as an actress, it just felt so off.

This movie has a serious issue at its core in that none of the leads are overly likable, especially Zendaya. I couldn't feel anything for any of them and it def. removed some tension for me at the end.

Posted (edited)

This movie was absolutely electric. So much energy and sexual tension and the film is so tactile and sensual. Zendaya is superb, totally believable as a femme fatale. Both boyfriends were great too. The tennis scenes felt so alive. That pumping music was great. Lots of intense scenes between the trio where I didn’t know if they were about to fight or fuck. 

The only issue I have is that I struggled to keep up with the constant back and forth time jumps. Not helped by me going to the toilet and missing a time jump lol. I also thought the male characters were meant to be mid 20s at the start when Tashi goes to uni and I was confused to why they were spending time on her campus. 

looking forward to rewatching it. Shame that the IMAX release got cancelled, would have been great on a huge screen. 

Edited by Avatree