6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Bernie

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I loved it.

It's funny, and the mockumentary was done in an interesting, creative way that makes the film feel fresh. Performances were great, especially from Black. It's probably best labeled as a dark comedy, but it surprises you with moments of poignancy and depth.

One of my favorites so far this year.

B+

Edited by mattmav45

excellent drama, it just reinforces that we know nothing about anything. In the trial, I could understand both parts, but I couldn't choose the lawyer's side because Bernie was such a nice guy and the old lady was all mean and selfish, on other hand I couldn't take Bernie's side,because he murdered a person, just because she was mean and he couldn't stand her. Mesmerizing acting by Jack Black and even the unlikable McConaughey is good. Also, like Mattmav45 already said, the mockumentary was done is a very creative and compelling way. A subtle, nuanced film, with great acting and characterisation. B+ (80)

Edited by Goffe Luvs 1D