kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

34 minutes ago, YM! said:

Yeah so long as Dragon moves, think Elio should be able to do Brave/Wall-E numbers. The IO2 breakout and Elemental putting in groundwork has set it up nicely.

I really hope Pixar doesn’t use AI from not just an artistic point of view but for sake of workers. I don’t expect them to use generative AI, at absolute worst it’ll be something like Elemental’s fire effects iirc but I’m sad the employees got fired for what was essentially the fault of Chapek and Iger in sending the Pixar plus trio to the Plus devaluing the brand.

I am not saying that AI will replace humans. But it is making them more productive thus requiring fewer people to make a movie. That is inevitable. That is happening in every industry today. I can confirm from what is happening here in Silicon Valley for sure and Pixar is a Valley company. They will have some folks doing the creative magic, hand drawing their ideas. But the main group of folks who take to them render the CGI to create the magic on screen would be the ones who would get significantly more productive with way better hardware and software speeding up their work. I also expect some routine stuff getting outsourced or automated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am not saying that AI will replace humans. But it is making them more productive thus requiring fewer people to make a movie. That is inevitable. That is happening in every industry today. I can confirm from what is happening here in Silicon Valley for sure and Pixar is a Valley company. They will have some folks doing the creative magic, hand drawing their ideas. But the main group of folks who take to them render the CGI to create the magic on screen would be the ones who would get significantly more productive with way better hardware and software speeding up their work. I also expect some routine stuff getting outsourced or automated.

At least this will put an end to people complaining about huge budgets whenever a movie bombs.

Ideally we wouldn't need layoffs for people to stop doing that. Entertainment industry has never had much job security though and it is what you sign up for if you decide on that as a career path. All you can hope for is everyone impacted finds a new lucrative job.

4 hours ago, AniNate said:

I am somewhat concerned about what they may have done to not have to recast Elio if Yonas Kibreab hit puberty during the delay. 

They should make it like Sword in the Stone and have three different kids voice the main character and none of them sound remotely alike lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eric is Quiet said:

They should make it like Sword in the Stone and have three different kids voice the main character and none of them sound remotely alike lol

Nah it’ll be like the prince in Sleeping Beauty, Elio will inexplicably have no speaking lines in the second half of the film. 

• Haha 2