SpiderByte

Trap (2024) Spoiler Thread

Trap (2024)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

I thought there would be more to the plot than what was shown in the trailer, but really that's all there was to it, Josh Hartnett is the bad guy, the end. 

One small twist that they could have shoved in would have been to have his wife kind of control him by talking down to him the way the singer tried to, the way his mom was supposed to have done.

Agree with the others, bit of a let down.

B-/C+

Middle of the road Shyamalan. Great concept that is technically well executed, but there's some serious issues with beginning of the third act. The way they get him to confess his crime(s) services the story better than it services logic. I know the criminologist did it to get the location of his current victim, but the film has a 15 minute stretch of nonstop facepalm moments. The manner in which he escapes several times would even make Ethan Hunt do a second take.

The ending saves the preceding 15-20 minutes. The discussion with his wife, and the final nod to Psycho won me back. I was never bored. I was always trying to figure out how he'd get out of the increasingly claustrophobic situation. It's just a shame some of his methods defy even basic logic. It's slightly better than Knock at the Cabin.

Edited by ThePhasmid

I found this extremely tense and claustrophobic. My heart was pounding away. 

The only real criticisms I have are: the girl playing the pop star and the women playing the detective were quite bad. And a couple of “groan” moments like the TikTok stream saving the victim. 

other than that, I was very swept up in this and I found it nail biting.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this. Josh Hartnett was great at playing unhinged. It gets very silly towards the end, especially when he starts driving the limo, but it was very entertaining.

After this, Knock at the Cabin and Old, M Night seems to have got his groove back, at least for me.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1