Eric the Marxist

Weekdays Thread (9/3-5)

Anecdotal but since this thread is going to be very very dead today, Dennis Quaid is my little sister’s “okay but hear me out” celebrity crush. I’m pretty sure she even had a custom-made shirt with his face on it followed by the word GILF.

Edited by DAJK

This has been having amazing drops. Tuesday only dropped 1.8% from the previous Tuesday, and now it actually increased by 9.4% from the previous Wednesday.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This has been having amazing drops. Tuesday only dropped 1.8% from the previous Tuesday, and now just a 9% drop from the previous Wednesday.

The PLF expansion did really well for the movie

Edited by wattage

8 minutes ago, AniNate said:

My local theater is ditching IO2 and DM4 this weekend. They do seem to be banking on Beetlejuice grabbing the family audience.

Most of my local Regals seem to be keeping both for now, most of the Cinemarks are ditching IO2 and giving DM4 the bare minimum. The smaller AMCs are ditching both, bigger ones keeping one or two DM4 showings and that's it. 

56 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This has been having amazing drops. Tuesday only dropped 1.8% from the previous Tuesday, and now just a 9% drop from the previous Wednesday.

We will see the drop for Thursday ( will the lose of 4DX) but i expect 20-25% drop for this weekend . Maybe a battle between Alien , IEWU and Twisters for the top 5.

Got the estimated theater counts for this weekend. Inside Out likely to not be passing Jurassic this weekend, not it's re-release gross at least. It'll be at 652 mill I think. And then it's got next weekend to make that up before Transformers comes. 

I don't think the theatre drop alone makes JW DOM impossible - comparing a few movies to see how much they made in the tail end of their run (after theatre count dropped below 700-800) it looks like it should cross it.

• Frozen II: ~2.4M (had Sonic releasing on the same weekend where it dropped to 711, also the pandemic)
  • Incredibles II: ~3.6M
  • Mario: ~2.3M (with ATSV and Elemental playing in Theatres)
  • TS4: ~2.7M (had a post labor weekend theatre drop of >2000 theatres)
Edited by BundleOfJoy