code65536

Weekend Estimates [4/27-29] [TLAM 18M, #2 thru #5 virtually tied]

Pirates really rebounded from that Friday number. 5 YE must have collapsed. And to think some posters were saying TLAM was in for a huge drop this weekend.

Some girls were talking about how they saw 5YE on Friday... pretty mixed reaction. One said it was funny and realistic but a couple others were saying it was overlong and boring, and it felt like 2.5 hours. I dunno the actual runtime.

Her and Naya Rivera make me question my sexuality...I mean they're so fucking flawless and perfectand UGH

LOL. So what would you do if Naya gets the role of Johanna in CF? She's publicly remarked that she wants the role...

Great hold for THG. 400m is looking pretty good at this point. It all depends on its theater loss next week. It still has a 2m lead over SM1. SM1 made 10.8m for the 7 days of the next week. THG will have trouble matching that but it should be close.

THG dropped 49% overseas against TA.THG should be dropping the same, plus the IMAX loss. So 5.5-6M next weekend.400M might happen, but if it does, it will be a real drag.

They are pretty amazing. I don't think many people expected this. Not like Twilight or Potter in that respect.

I expected that it wouldn't be like Potter/Twilight before it opened, and during opening, the strong non-midnight Friday and Saturday rising above non-midnight Friday further reinforced those expectations. And then... the second weekend hit, which wiped out my expectations. I've been in the process of rebuilding them ever since. :) Edited by Crake

THG dropped 49% overseas against TA.THG should be dropping the same, plus the IMAX loss. So 5.5-6M next weekend.

Dude, haven't we established by now that THG's performance OS is very unlike its performance in North America?

:rolleyes:

Now that it has certainly passed DH2, I don't have a problem with it getting good drops. :)In fact, I will hope for all you guys' sake that it does reach 400M... but it will have to crawl to get there.... it is what it is.
  • Like 1

Dude, haven't we established by now that THG's performance OS is very unlike its performance in North America?

Drops overseas have actually been better than domestic before this weekend, so......

Now that it has certainly passed DH2, I don't have a problem with it getting good drops. :)In fact, I will hope for all you guys' sake that it does reach 400M... but it will have to crawl to get there.... it is what it is.

Define crawl. I can see it getting there in about a months time.

Aw fuck that. She's not right for the part, and I hate when actors campaign for roles in the media.

She's not campaigning for it. She just said she'd love it if she were Johanna. Kristen Bell's the one doing that I believe.I'm fine if Naya doesn't get it, but I think she'd pull if off amazingly well.

Say TA really gives it a beating next week, and the movie slows down considerablely... do you think LGF will push it to 400m regardless? Dollar theaters, re-expansion, whatever... ?

If TA hurts THG really bad then it will probably take dollar theaters for it to hit 400m. But if it stays the course it should be able to hit 400m around early June.