baumer

SOTM 3 Due by Saturday May 19th 11:59 pm

What day will The Avengers pass 500 mill?Call the exact day: 10,000Call one day off: 7,000Call two days off: 5,000Miss by more than 2 days: -5000Abstain: 2000Time bonus, lock your answer in before Thursday May 17th at 11:59 pm and if you are within the two days, you get a bonus of 3000.Good luck.This is due no later than Saturday May 19th at 11:59 pm.

Can you give a bonus of like 5-10k points if we guess how much money it will have when it passes $500m? Obviously it won't be exactly $500m, so can you throw in a prediction question bonus?

No.I'm trying not to make the SOTM questions worth more than they should be. There will be some that will be worth 20,000 if you were to call the correct answer in a very extreme and unlikely scenario, but these questions should be worth between 8-12K each time. There will be a lot of questions this year, more than last. This is due to there being so many intriguing story lines (box office wise). So with 15-25 SOTM questions this year, there will be a perhaps potential 300,000 points from them. So thank you for the suggestion, but I'm going to keep it as is for now.How about this infamous, if you can think of a good SOTM question, pm me and I'll consider it.

Well, the only reason why I suggested for people to give a box office number as well, is because it's pretty obvious that it's going to pass $500m on May 26th. With my calculations, I was being a bit conservative also, it's going to reach $498.73m on Friday, then $514.19m by Saturday May 26th. And since a lot of people have it on that day, I figured why not give some bonus points to whoever predicts it's gross best. But yeah, if I come up with something, I'll pm you.

Well, the only reason why I suggested for people to give a box office number as well, is because it's pretty obvious that it's going to pass $500m on May 26th. With my calculations, I was being a bit conservative also, it's going to reach $498.73m on Friday, then $514.19m by Saturday May 26th. And since a lot of people have it on that day, I figured why not give some bonus points to whoever predicts it's gross best. But yeah, if I come up with something, I'll pm you.

There's a bit of history with this though that you wouldn't know about. There has been a lot of dissension concerning the SOTM. Many players feel that they are worth too much. So I want to keep them within reason. If I include a bonus like that, then the question could be worth about 18,000 points. That's a bit too much.