6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Half one of the funniest, most quotable sports comedies of all time, and half a tedious, disposable romance that also renders one of the characters less likable than he should've been. Still, the brilliance of the comedy is more than enough to make this a film worth watching.

B+

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

One of the funniest freakin films of all time...imo. Ceranno is awesome and the little rivalry he has with the Christian pitcher is fantastic."Are you telling me Jesus Christ couldn't hit a curve ball?""I say fuck you Jo-Boo, I do it myself."Also, Joe Gammon had a long and memorable career playing bit roles, this one is one of his best as the manager.9/10

Edited by Expendable baumer
  • Like 1

This movie will always have a special place in my heart because even though it's about the Indians, it was filmed at the old Milwaukee County Stadium which is where the Brewers played.  There's now a little league field there.  And if you wanted to see what Milwaukeeans looked like circa 1989 there it is. I actually went to the filming the previous year when I was 14 with a bunch of friends.  I remember very vividly we were there for Cerrano's home run and for Wild Thing.  They must of played it at least 15 times that night.

The movie was on last night and still holds up very well.  A-

Surely there's got to be a fan edit out there that cuts out the boring romance. I'd give this film an A+ if it weren't there.

I'll admit I did get up or look at my iPad when those scenes popped up.