8 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Solid Thriller B+Lol as a Business Grad, the ethic violations were just hilarious to see...It shows how in business, people are willing to throw their morals and ethics out if they believe whatever they are doing does no real harm...Quite an interesting take on ethics and morality...Even though the main characters has done many terribile things you still see he is trying to achieve and end goal for the greater good...His justification is quite simple, the things he did wrong were bad but by exposing them things become much worse for his family and his business....Interesting...

Ehhh, I think you're missing the point here.

This wasn't really about morality and business ethics, but rather an in-depth character study into a master manipulator who will do whatever it takes to save himself.  This was hinted at early on in the film when he leaves his birthday party and wife and we learn that he's having an affair.  He even says something like "You think I wouldn't of rather been here?"

Everything Gere does in this film is to promote his own agenda, he wasn't really trying to achieve an end goal for a greater good.  He had no problem putting that kid in a situation that very easily could have ruined his life.  One of the best scenes of the movie was when Gere and the kid were talking at the table and he asks Gere "Why would you put me in this situation?"  

Very good film.

B+

Edited by mattmav45