rockNrollaDIM

Law & Order: SVU

This is my favorite Law & Order. I could watch it for hours on end.The reason I'm making this thread, though, is because right now I'm watching one of the older episodes and it features some of the worst writing and acting I've ever seen on TV. The episode is "Sugar" from the 2009 season, the twist is that a father admits to a murder his daughter committed but then she ends up killing him right in the police station with a pair of scissors because he decides to turn her in. I've never seen a more cliche plot twist or worse "psycho" acting monologue in my life. Wow! :rofl:Watched this season's premiere a couple nights ago too, and it was ok, but I haven't seen a new episode in a couple seasons so I had no idea who all the new characters were or why Stabler is gone. Also, apparently the Mayhem guy is a lead detective now, but he really needs acting lessons also.

Stabler's gone because the studio couldn't negotiate a new contact with his actor.SVU is great because it's so melodramatic and over-the-top. My favorite one is the one where a psychiatrist realizes that the kid with "mental health issues" who "accidentally" killed his son is really a sociopath who will be set free at age 18, so he steals a gun from a court officer and blows the kid away. Then, he's able to put forward his own psych defense of temporary insanity and is found not guilty, and then gloats about it to the detectives and ADA. Classic crazy over-the-top hijinks. It's one from Season 6.

Edited by 4815162342

I've started watching this again, and it's still a pretty good show. Well-written, briskly paced and knows exactly where to start and end each scene. Honestly, I don't miss Stabler (never really liked him, anyway), and Benson growing into her new sergeant role is making for a good story arc.

Edited by tribefan695