A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

10 minutes ago, Algebra said:

Came across a tweet saying DR’ presales in China are 300% ahead of Friday which came in at $7.9m 

Does that mean it’s tracking do like $24m on Saturday over there or am I completely misreading it?

The day is at 6M usd as of 15:20 in china, still in 3rd place

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Close competition for NSN &长安三万里

NSN almost has 2x shows of the other one, still No.2. Shows are likely moving to other party by Monday.

Effect is clear now. Chinese Film WOM is now overall stronger than Imported One. At any time, any work can break out if elements and moral are strong. 

With strong WOM &per screen avg. MI is losing its shows to 长安三万里.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, JustLurking said:

MI7's performance in china is the most puzzling of all to me. I just don't get why this just goes full-on collapse despite both fallout and this one having strong WOM. Fast9 was absolutely hated and 10 still didn't drop this much.

Fast X was different scenario to be honest. 520 (Chinese Valentine Day) on Saturday. &Local Works weren't strong back then saved Fast X. Feel like mid Summer release among Local Blockbuster has backfired MI7.

Hey everyone. I’m new here. I’m interested in looking at box office totals for movies so I decided to join.

I was curious to asking if there’s a way to know how much each movie in china has made daily. I’m really curious as to how Fast X is doing there and if it’s still screening there. 

Because websites like The Numbers and BOM are really bad and slow at reporting international numbers. 

Does anyone know how much Fast X has made in china until July 15th? 

5 minutes ago, Fast Fan said:

Hey everyone. I’m new here. I’m interested in looking at box office totals for movies so I decided to join.

I was curious to asking if there’s a way to know how much each movie in china has made daily. I’m really curious as to how Fast X is doing there and if it’s still screening there. 

Because websites like The Numbers and BOM are really bad and slow at reporting international numbers. 

its made 984 million yuan ($137.8m) at current exchange rate

4 minutes ago, Fast Fan said:

Thanks for answering! :) 

Nice to meet you also.

Do you think that maybe Fast X has a chance of earning more money in China? 

i think its run is basically over, it has no screenings anymore or maybe a handful. Will probably be the highest grossing hollywood film in china this year with only meg 2 and aquaman 2 having a shot at beating it

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

5 hours ago, Fast Fan said:

this site has real time updates for the ongoing day

https://piaofang.maoyan.com/dashboard