A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

17 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Antman 3 gonna release,almost certain

Probably the great sign for Marvel back to China,hope Marvel won’t doing something like Shang-chi again(Like Shang-chi join the Avengers or something….)

The Shang-chi director is doing Kang Dynasty lol, he’ll be a main character

• Like 4

Still gonna be using WW-C for most substantive analysis/comparisons but it would be irrationally nice to have a higher top line number, so nice if true.    

Ant-man has always been arguably the most China friendly solo subfranchise  (in terms of Chinese % of WW performance). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Antman 3 gonna release,almost certain

Probably the great sign for Marvel back to China,hope Marvel won’t doing something like Shang-chi again(Like Shang-chi join the Avengers or something….)

The director is directing Kang Dynasty, of course Shang Chi is joining the Avengers. One of the Eternals will likely be an Avenger too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Still gonna be using WW-C for most substantive analysis/comparisons but it would be irrationally nice to have a higher top line number, so nice if true.    

Ant-man has always been arguably the most China friendly solo subfranchise  (in terms of Chinese % of WW performance). 

It would be funny if AM3 released in China and MCU withdrawal banged out like $300M.

• Astonished 2

11 minutes ago, YM! said:

The director is directing Kang Dynasty, of course Shang Chi is joining the Avengers. One of the Eternals will likely be an Avenger too.

If shang-chi join the Avengers then it’s hard for any Avengers movie release in China

based on what I know,Shang-chi in China is something like you say ‘hi hitler’ or saying you are believer of Nazi in Germany,it’s the something like….the limit on the line,the movie has Shang-chi is nearly impossible to release in China…so…the future Avengers release is still uncertain

Edited by Bruce
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Imagine telling someone in 2018 that AM3 outgrosses Avatar 2. Anyway let me whip up a quick reddit post of how XXR says 300M is the FLOOR for AM3 in China.

300m is really hard

Covid is still the really big thing in China

I ignore to say it but it’s doesn’t mean most people afraid of Covid is gone

for now 50-100m is my prediction

If Antman release in China in August-November in China then we can watch that 300m number

Edited by Bruce

2 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

300m isn't realistic in a normal china, thats almost Infinity War numbers

Actually I can’t even see the Wandering Earth doing that number

This isn’t the normal time,COVID is still the thing,and the freaking big thing in China,everybody on internet still talk about it ,the hype is still insane big,don’t know when will end

Most people still afraid of death

Edited by Bruce

19 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

It would be funny if AM3 released in China and MCU withdrawal banged out like $300M.

From a perspective that doesn't incorporate any information from 2020s about 200M would be expect I think.

From real world scenario no freaking clue

• Like 1

Just now, Legion in Boots said:

COVID will be a lot better by mid Feb but I sill feel like hw is struggling here+MCU controversies may affect it. We will see what we see

I can’t see “a lot better”

If you can understand the Chinese and go to China’s internet world,check the popularity trends,you will see how people afriad of COVID

Is just like you have the internet during Worldwide II,then the populairty trends and the most popular news will all about “Germany attacks Poland””America join the world war”things,no other type of news,that’s the fact right now in China,covid is like the world war II,everybody on the internet talk about it

The situation will recover in next few month but not Feb