It's so frustrating that the biggest complaint for some people is Dunham's nudity. 

Last night, I arrived at the theory Dunham is blatantly trying to desensitize us to the nudity by being naked so much. She must hear the bitching and moaning about her being nude. It's a body that many women themselves have, but because it doesn't fit our idea of an attractive female body we criticize her for showing it. Basically we keep telling her, "I don't find you sexy so you are not allowed to get naked. Only hotties can show us their boobies." 

Sometimes, I feel this show brings out the worst in people. 

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 4

The EW column last week was really great into getting at what Lena wants the show to be. I think it's great that she has a nonchalant way about her body and accepts that this is how average women look. It's better for society to see this than force a skinny idea unto young people.

• Like 2

My girlfriend (who is a huge fan of the show) pointed me to this piece: http://jezebel.com/5983437/what-kind-of-guy-does-a-girl-who-looks-like-lena-dunham-deserve

It's perfectly okay for Louie, Woody Allen, or FUCKING KEVIN JAMES to get women totally out of their league, but impossible to buy Lena Dunham having a fling with Patrick Wilson? Give me a goddamn break.

• Like 2

HULK works with Soderbergh! Talk about street cred. 

Excellent article. I liked the show a lot last season and even loved some of it, but I feel like Dunham is more controlled as a storyteller now than she's ever been. Girls has become every bit as good as Louie and maybe even deeper too.

• Like 1