Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I'm going with Lincoln for the PGA, with Argo and Silver Linings Playbook as very possible upsets. Lincoln seems like the most likely choice because of the love surrounding the movie, the huge box office success, and the inherent awards group appeal of the production.

Has anyone yet seen all the Best Documentary nominees? I saw Sugar Man a while back and I'm watching How to Survive a Plague right now

I've heard nothing but love for both those movies (well, except from you about Sugar man) but no, I haven't seen any yet.

btw besides those in the shorts/documentary/foreign categories I've seen every academy award nominated film and I'm pretty sure this is the first time i've done this before the ceremony. Maybe even at all.

Edited by CoolioD1

"Fun" documentaries usually have a hard time getting nominated. I wish Exit Through The Gift Shop would've won a couple years ago.

But is it really a documentary?  :lol: I like to see it as the most elaborate fucking hoax in the history of cinema

But is it really a documentary?  :lol: I like to see it as the most elaborate fucking hoax in the history of cinema

It totally isn't. That's why it should've won.

Plus I can't remember which Oscarologist said this but "it would be the first time they'd have given an award to someone who potentially doesn't exist." I'd have loved to see a win just to see who accepts. :lol:

If Argo or Silver Linings Playbook don't win the top prize at the Producers Guild Awards tonight, and more to the point if Lincoln wins, I'm going to jump off the Santa Barbara pier.

These ominus words are spoken by none other than BOF idol Jeffrey Wells. I`m freakin scared now.

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2013/01/sharp_attuned_a.php