Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

A Beautiful Mind was a great film. Well deserving of its win.

FOTR was better and if it won than there wouldn`t be consolation Shriekapoo win. But at least they didn`t invite Shitto to any awards show which is awesome. At least they did something right.

What works against Argo is that Guilds are much bigger bodies than AMPAS and their demographics are skewing younger. Hence why Affleck`s movie has success with them while he was snubbed by AMPAS.

In short, AMPAS could totally go for Lincoln but at least Affleck`s consolation would be that so many people prefered his movie. Linc definitely didn`t sweep anything thus far save DDL train.

Edited by fishnets

Funny how people pick up the most pointless, nonsensical things an actor says and then extrapolate the exact intention and meaning behind those statements.

When it's as blatantly obvious as this, it's not even extrapolation. It's almost as bad as Leogend, and Davis. 

• Like 1

BTW, Chastian should drop the "I`m a hard worker who couldn`t win a role until the age of 35" schtick. Yes, we get it. It`s a dig at young JLaw being the frontrunner. So unfair...not.

She should downplay that schtick a notch. Her role was not such an exceptional achievement in acting range display. Hell, she's playing the same exact role as Claire Danes in the current TV show Homeland but more blank and less bipolar so what's so peculiar about her?

So for her, the award is less about that ZDT role but more about rewarding her for thriving for 10 years in the movie industry before making it big because she's not a starlet like JLaw? Please...

Maybe I read to much into it but it rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by dashrendar44

When it's as blatantly obvious as this, it's not even extrapolation. It's almost as bad as Leogend, and Davis. 

Thank you. It`s an obivous dig at her main competition who is a young girl. As if youth means no hard work. JLaw`s been in the business since she`s 16 and gave as many greta performences in past few years as Chastian did in last 2. The constant "I worked hard, took me so long to get where I am, my idols are women who got recognition at the older age" is pointing a finger at young competition and saying "she should wait like I did". Very transparent.

She should downplay that schtick a notch. Her role was not such an exceptional achievement in acting range display. Hell, she's playing the same exact role as Claire Danes in the current TV show Homeland but more blank and less bipolar so what's so peculiar about her?

So for her, the award is less about that ZDT role but more about rewarding her for thriving for 10 years in the movie industry before making it big because she's not a starlet like JLaw? Please...

Maybe I read to much into it but it rubs me the wrong way.

At least 3 more people on this forum noticed that too so you aren`t reading too much into it. She`s playing the late bloomer card just like Anne-oying is playing "fulfilling mama`s dream" one. Manipulative to the core.

I mena, JLaw certianly up`s her bubbly fun persona few notches but at least she isn`t making a dig at anyone nor is begging for the award.

Edited by fishnets

Thank you. It`s an obivous dig at her main competition who is a young girl. As if youth means no hard work. JLaw`s been in the business since she`s 16 and gave as many greta performences in past few years as Chastian did in last 2. The constant "I worked hard, took me so long to get where I am, my idols are women who got recognition at the older age" is pointing a finger at young competition and saying "she should wait like I did". Very transparent.

At least 3 more people on this forum noticed that too so you aren`t reading too much into it. She`s playing the late bloomer card just like Anne-oying is playing "fulfilling mama`s dream" one. Manipulative to the core.

I mena, JLaw certianly up`s her bubbly fun persona few notches but at least she isn`t making a dig at anyone nor is begging for the award.

You evidently haven't seen her SNL intro. That was some tasteless bashing of her fellow nominees, even if she meant it as a joke. 

Let me guess: a lot of jokes about Riva being old and unknown?

That, and Chast-ain't winning my oscar, made a jibe about Quvenzhane being 9 years old and told her that the Alphabet wants their letters back. And, something else about Watts. All very tasteless.

Give me a break. She was joking.

I know it was a joke, wasn't funny in any way. I hated Quvenzhane's performance and hated the movie, but JLaw's jibe about Wallis was just the absolute worst of the bunch. 

Edited by riczhang

22 'experts' now think Argo is going to win BP.  3 pick Lincoln.  Sasha Stone holding strong onto her Lincoln prediction.

These so called "experts" are like sheep. They jump ship way too fast. Call me when Spielberg loses both DGA and BAFTA. Then maybe it's time to call Argo the frontrunner.

• Like 3