Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Too bad then if he cant attend.

"He was certain they were going to deport him," Moore said. "But not if I had anything to do about it…After one and a half hours, they decided to release him and his family and told him he could stay in LA for the week and go to the Oscars. Welcome to America."

So he finally managed to enter country with his family, but only for a week. That just sucks, man. Unfair.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

One of the most interesting things I've read about Oscars was in Michael Moore's autobiography. As you may remember, he made probably the most provocative speech in Oscar history, and after doing so the first thing he heard was an angry stagehand screaming "ASSHOLE" to his ear. Overall the atmosphere around him at the Governors' Ball had been cold to say the least.

Here's the speech. I think its fascinating how the people giving him standing ovations one second turn into an angry mob at the flip of a coin

Edited by Jack Nevada