Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

That wasn't a huge surprise to me believe it or not. I never thought Hugo or The Artist were going to take it because for some reason they never seemed like the kind of films that could win there to me...... though I predicted Moneyball to win.

No it wasn't. I predicted it. It's reminiscent of ZDT this year, flashly, impeccable (well except for the headache inducing nightvision/regularvision editing during the raid that apparently only I got headaches from) editing. It's big, It's flashly, and there's lots of it. That's basically everything academy members equate with best in the tech categories. I see it winning, especially because I can't see a movie like this going home with 0 Oscars. 

No it wasn't. I predicted it. It's reminiscent of ZDT this year, flashly, impeccable (well except for the headache inducing nightvision/regularvision editing during the raid that apparently only I got headaches from) editing. It's big, It's flashly, and there's lots of it. That's basically everything academy members equate with best in the tech categories. I see it winning, especially because I can't see a movie like this going home with 0 Oscars. 

I agree there's a good chance it goes home with one award, but I think Screenplay is more likely.

Argo has pretty flashy editing as well. Maybe not as much as ZDT but if the best picture frontrunner has editing that's showy enough it usually wins, right?

Argo has pretty flashy editing as well. Maybe not as much as ZDT but if the best picture frontrunner has editing that's showy enough it usually wins, right?

True, but I do think that ZDT's editing is much flashier and it also needs to be rewarded somewhere and Editing is the perfect way to do so especially since everyone knows that Argo will get the top prize. 

So right now the show looks as if it's going to have 34 performances, 147 presenters, a James Bond tribute where the only person who's ever been in a James Bond movie confirmed to show up is Halle Berry, tributes to movies like Chicago and Dreamgirls that nobody cares about, and it's going to top it all off with a musical number from Seth MacFarlane and Kristen Chenoweth!

Yeh, it'll be a good show.