Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

Gazz... let it go. Particularly when it comes to Miranda Otto, fish is the least reasonable person in the world.

I just don't understand why anyone would tolerate these thread derailments or insults for simply approaching the subject of an actresses potential for an oscar like a rational adult. I guess some people can read past 9 words without needlessly throwing a hissy fit and others can't.

Edited by Gazz

So who`s your director line-up? DOR, Scorcese, Cuaron...?

I don't think Cuaron will make it. He won't get the reviews. It'll probably be like Last year's line-up. When old pretentious white males get to choose whomever they want. I'm thinking Scorsese, McQueen, Coogler, the Coens, and Clooney or DOR. Payne, Wells, and Miller on the outside looking in.

Gazz is derailing the thread by talking about an actress WITHOUT an oscar potential. I`m trying to  explain that she is not happening because the role isn`t there. Can we please continue discussing people WITH potential such as Meryl, SaBu, Nanny, Khanberbatch,etc?

Edited by fishnets

I just don't understand why anyone would tolerate these thread derailments or insults for simply approaching the subject of an actresses potential for an oscar like a rational adult. I guess some people can read past 9 words without needlessly throwing a hissy fit and others can't.

Fish is a very important member of our community. Fish has his moments especially when talking about Shitto, but is generally a very valuable member.

I don't think Cuaron will make it. He won't get the reviews.

It'll probably be like Last year's line-up. When old pretentious white males get to choose whomever they want. I'm thinking Scorsese, McQueen, Coogler, the Coens, and Clooney or DOR. Payne, Wells, and Miller on the outside looking in.

I hate critics already.

Fish is a very important member of our community. Fish has his moments especially when talking about Shitto, but is generally a very valuable member.

Thanks love. Newcomers like this one, unless he is an oldcomer in disguise, think they can put down valuable members even though they themselves didn`t say anything valuable so far. 52 posts and he thinks he owns the place. LOL. The nerve. :rolleyes:

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Gazz is derailing the thread by talking about an actress WITHOUT an oscar potential.

You were already talking about her and the film. I posted in line with the topic and went on to discuss Tommy Lee Jones, the director of the film in which Otto was cast in. Explain to me in an adult manner if possible how following the line of discussion can be considered thread derailment?

So far I'm finding that very hard to believe.

You better believe it. BOF is like a huge extended completely dysfunctional at times family. We all have our crazy moments, like me and Knightmare (and Fincher), Fish and Shitto, Noctis and Watson(well this is more of an unhealthy obsession), Futurist and JLaw, Movieman and Obama, and etc.

You better believe it. BOF is like a huge extended completely dysfunctional at times family. We all have our crazy moments, like me and Knightmare (and Fincher), Fish and Shitto, Noctis and Watson(well this is more of an unhealthy obsession), Futurist and JLaw, Movieman and Obama, and etc.

So far her crazy "moments" appear to constitute more than a large portion of her posts. You like her and that's fine. But you've still yet to  provide a legitimate excuse for her behaviour, especially over the last few pages.

Knightley was pretty good in Anna Karenina, aside from a few spastic bits.

Her only good performance, ever. The only time she had more dimension than a cardboard Kiera cutout. She was surprisingly awards worthy. And I totally hate myself for liking it. :lol:

Why are we even talking about actresses in this thread?

Cause ADF virus has infected us and we are going batshit insane about actresses like they do.

You were already talking about her and the film. I posted in line with the topic and went on to discuss Tommy Lee Jones, the director of the film in which Otto was cast in. Explain to me in an adult manner if possible how following the line of discussion can be considered thread derailment?

Discusing TLJ isn`t a derailment cause his role is lead and meaty. Discussing persona non grata`s fan-fictional Oscar chances is. She ain`t happeneing so lets close that death trap, pleeeease.

• Like 1

Why are we even talking about actresses in this thread?

Because Fishnets and yourself were discussing whether or not Otto would be up for an Oscar. 

I simply added my opinion on the matter along with thoughts on Tommy Lee Jones as a director. That somehow constitutes as thread derailment. 

So far her crazy "moments" appear to constitute more than a large portion of her posts. You like her and that's fine. But you've still yet to  provide a legitimate excuse for her behaviour, especially over the last few pages.

Nobody`s going to provide anything to a newbie and nobody needs to prove anything to a newbie.

Discusing TLJ isn`t a derailment cause his role is lead and meaty. Discussing persona non grata`s fan-fictional Oscar chances is. She ain`t happeneing so lets close that death trap, pleeeease.

And by that reasoning YOU had already derailed the thread by discussing Otto's potential for an oscar amongst your discussion of The Homesman.

I simply added my two cents on a discussion you were already having.  :rolleyes:

You, sir, need a Fishnets dictionary. Fishnets says a lot of crap, but also contributes to fun, and legitimate discussion. It's just sometimes a little masked. Immerse yourself here and you'll see what I mean. 

And I thought fish was a guy...... :unsure: