11 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Oh my god, this movie is so bad. So, so bad. Like, hilariously, outrageously bad. Its a failure in almost every way. Its never scary or atmospheric or creative or imaginative. Instead its just stupid, laughable and lame, and it uses the same old fucking media trope that I always hate, which is the "Scary moping girl standing around in a nightdress" That shit got old in 2003, but everyone just keeps doing it. What is supposed to be so scary about some pouting, passive little shithead kid? I dont get it.

Also Mama herself was really generic, I immediately pictured Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins behind a table full of buttons going "Release the bendy-limbed growling bitch demon".

Mama is obviously just Guillermo Del Toro trying to recapture the success of Pan's Labyrinth but boy is this not as good as Pan's Labyrinth. The best thing about Mama really might be Jessica Chastain's fruitful cleavage, and thats about it. This is some major doody if there ever was some, but I never got quite pissed enough to give the movie 1/5 so its a

1,5/5

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1