Huge drop. Blech. Might not even beat Cars 2. I can hear Iger now. "See Pixar, people don't like non-sequels! Now make Toy story 4 and Finding Nemo Jr! No more Mind movies!"

Edited by whoot

It's just slightly worse than WALL-E's first weekend drop. Wait and see if it stabilizes like that movie ended up doing.

Unrelated: I recently watched Arrietty and I'm really pissed Disney showed no interest in getting it out to the Academy last year. Great film.

Edited by tribefan695

Huge drop. Blech. Might not even beat Cars 2. I can hear Iger now. "See Pixar, people don't like non-sequels! Now make Toy story 4 and Finding Nemo Jr! No more Mind movies!"

COMP will have to really hurt it the next two weeks for that to happen :wacko:

It's totally going to stabilise. For this week at least, I'm paying more attention to the weekdays.

Arriety was awesome. Wonderful little movie with a lot of ambition.

Fast-paced LOL kids movies have their place, but I wish at least once in a while someone in America would take a serious hint from Ghibli and just turn in a sincere, straight-faced movie that didn't feel the need to punch up the humor. Pixar's experimented with it in many of their films, but they've still never gone the whole way.

Edited by tribefan695

Fast-paced LOL kids movies have their place, but I wish at least once in a while someone in America would take a serious hint from Ghibli and just turn in a sincere, straight-faced movie that didn't feel the need to punch up the humor. Pixar's experimented with it in many of their films, but they've still never gone the whole way.

Thats the problem I had with WALL.E: the first 40 minutes its a sort of dark, quiet, emotional, almost heartbreaking post-apocalyptic drama but then it just goes "HEY KIDS LOOK AT THESE BOUNCING ROBOTS AND HUR HUR FAT PEOPLE DOOIIING" Edited by Jack Nevada

Thats the problem I had with WALL.E: the first 40 minutes its a sort of dark, quiet, emotional, almost heartbreaking post-apocalyptic drama but then it just goes "HEY KIDS LOOK AT THESE BOUNCING ROBOTS AND HUR HUR FAT PEOPLE DOOIIING"

I thought the whole fat people thing was kind of dark actually.

I thought the whole fat people thing was kind of dark actually.

I love WALL-E, but I do kind of understand what he means in relation to my quote. The first half is far more Ghibli-esque than the second half.

Edited by tribefan695

The Incredibles probably does it the best.

Incredibles? No way. That's about as uniquely American as an animated film can get.

Up does it pretty well, though, even after the married life montage. Ghibli has its moments where absolutely nothing makes sense too.

Edited by tribefan695

Incredibles? No way. That's about as uniquely American as an animated film can get.

Up does it pretty well, though, even after the married life montage. Ghibli has its moments where absolutely nothing makes sense too.

The talking dogs in Up were much more ridiculous than the fat people in Wall-E.

Edited by lab276

Up does it pretty well, though, even after the married life montage. Let's just say Ghibli has its moments where absolutely nothing makes sense too.

Well, that ruined Howl's Moving Castle for me. Nothing made sense, nothing was explained and there was no logic in anything.